Xeon E5450 with Nvidia GPU glitch

Lucy183

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a weird problem using an Xeon E5450(775 modded) with nvidia card(8600gt & Quadro 580 FX same problem).

First I want to say that in windows I don't have any problem, so it's not something about compatibility.

When I try to boot in macOS with this cpu and nvidia video card I get only a glitch displayed(see attachments), the computer isn't froze, I can access it with ssh or file sharing, only no image.

If I boot with nv_disable=1 flag I get image(no acceleration of course) and everything's fine.

I tried the cpu on 2 different boards and 2 different nvidia cards and the problem is the same.

With amd video card I don't have this problem.

What I tried and failed:

Deleting injection from dsdt and injecting or not injecting with clover.

Using nvidia web drivers.

Changing CPU settings from bios, like virtualisation, speedstep etc.

Different macos versions(10.11, 10.12, 10.13)

The hack I want to use with this CPU is the Desktop from signature, I can provide dsdt or entire efi if it's needed but I don't think it matters since I have the same problem with 2 different boards and 2 different nvidia cards.

IMG-20180305-WA0004.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hello I have the same problem, on my motherboard Intel DG41TY, Xeon E5450 mod 771 to 775 LGA, nvidia GeForce 9400.

eh tried to boot with bootflags npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 but an error occurs in the boot, I do not know what to do.

you do not have the file .plist you used and the kext to get the graphics working in High Sierra 10.3.5?

when I activate the bootflag npci = 0x3000 my pc shuts down, the same happens with npci = 0x2000

IMG_7960.JPG