Lets Hackintosh the Surface pro 5 (2017)

Thane5

40 posts in this topic

After i recently created my first Hackintosh  to use as a secondary OS to Windows, i often dreamed about how awesome it would be to have the same on my surface tablet. I've seen that people in this forum sucessfully got to run it on Previous Surface generations, but this one is still missing. I've followed some guides here and there, and managed to properly boot clover, but when i try to start the macOS installer, it stops at "kdp_poll: no debugger device" (See https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ctu7elXpCFYfTtlyd7sMXvMj4tW12z0pv for a screenshot). I've already googled this error but found nothing useful.

So, to continue, i need some help from you... can anyone help me out with this?

My Efi folder is attached here, or otherwise there https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V7TubZpH04Zd3ujFLX9mHGMXx7lHLTxb

EFI.zip

• Like 1

It's the "New" Surface Pro from 2017, with a Kabylake i5 7300U and Intel HD 620. Running on a 256 Gb SSD, 8Gb of Ram. I want to run this thing on my 64Gb micro SD card.

try

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

is a kabylake processor? have DGPU or only IntelHD?

https://imgur.com/a/iKzYPThis is what i see last with your clover folder, then the screen goes black, even with restart after kernel panic disabled. i've had this before with different changes i've made to my config, but i assumed this is worse than my first result where it stops at  "kdp_poll: no debugger device"

• Like 1

It's the "New" Surface Pro from 2017, with a Kabylake i5 7300U and Intel HD 620. Running on a 256 Gb SSD, 8Gb of Ram. I want to run this thing on my 64Gb micro SD card.

https://imgur.com/a/iKzYPThis is what i see last with your clover folder, then the screen goes black, even with restart after kernel panic disabled. i've had this before with different changes i've made to my config, but i assumed this is worse than my first result where it stops at  "kdp_poll: no debugger device"

try 2

config.plist.zip

That one finally lets me use the installer and install macOS sierra on my SD card, and on the first boot (where you only see the apple logo with a loading bar on white background) it finishes the installation, but then shuts down. If i restart, it now only gives me the microsoft logo and attemtps to restart. I think that this could be related to the Surface pro beein unable to boot from an SD card, so i'll probably try to install it on an SSD partiiton of the same size.

• Like 1

That one finally lets me use the installer and install macOS sierra on my SD card, and on the first boot (where you only see the apple logo with a loading bar on white background) it finishes the installation, but then shuts down. If i restart, it now only gives me the microsoft logo and attemtps to restart. I think that this could be related to the Surface pro beein unable to boot from an SD card, so i'll probably try to install it on an SSD partiiton of the same size.

k

after install, send me full files, i'll work in ur clover folder

RunMe.app.zip

Big thanks for your help so far; the problem was in fact that the Surface can't boot from the microSD slot right now. If plugged into the USB port via a hub, it works as it should and i can boot into macOS. And amazingly, The touchpad and Keyboard work without problems, but of course touchscreen, touchpad gestures and pen don't. but thats for a later time. 

What i need to get fixed now is the graphics. for some reason, it runs in the native monitor resolution 8just like clover, idk why), and the intel hd 620 graphics are listed in the "About my Mac" window, though with most likely inaccurate video ram amounts. Also the general Ui is very laggy, animatiosn slow, and strong screen tearing plague it, just like you would expect it with disabled graphics. i'll try to find out more about that tomorrow.

Most recent EFI attached here.

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Big thanks for your help so far; the problem was in fact that the Surface can't boot from the microSD slot right now. If plugged into the USB port via a hub, it works as it should and i can boot into macOS. And amazingly, The touchpad and Keyboard work without problems, but of course touchscreen, touchpad gestures and pen don't. but thats for a later time. 

What i need to get fixed now is the graphics. for some reason, it runs in the native monitor resolution 8just like clover, idk why), and the intel hd 620 graphics are listed in the "About my Mac" window, though with most likely inaccurate video ram amounts. Also the general Ui is very laggy, animatiosn slow, and strong screen tearing plague it, just like you would expect it with disabled graphics. i'll try to find out more about that tomorrow.

Most recent EFI attached here.

use my app for full dump

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=292709

u can try it

MOBILE
- GRAPHICS : Check InjectIntel
- GRAPHICS : “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x591b0000
- DEVICES : “Fake ID” for IntelGFX changed to 0x59168086
- BOOT : Add “-disablegfxfirmware” under Custom Flags

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to find someone opening up a thread for this, actually I've been trying to hackintosh my Surface Pro 2017 for a while now

here's the list of the things I've got working so far

- Graphics (Full QE/CI) - some edits from rehabman's laptop config file will fix the black screen

- Audio - using voodoohda (both speakers and headphone jack works)

if you're getting a black screen with backlight on it means you've got graphics working, but due to the resolution

of the Surface Pro's monitor being so high there needs to be a patch that will allow for more memory allocation (if I'm not mistaken)

I'll upload my config here later.

EDIT: here you go

It would be nice I someone could help me fix the brightness

config.plist

Edited by Servine
upload config.plist