HP G61 Wifi Problem

iPetahh

13 posts in this topic

Hi, first of nothing....I've been banned of TonyMac without warning for posting this, I appreciate if this can be considered a ban here, at least notify me and I'll be very happy to delete this post.

I have a HP G61-415ES with this configuration:

Intel Pentium T4300 Dual Core

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce G 103M

My Wifi card is AR5B95 (aka. 9285), and yes: works well with Windows, isn't broken.

The thing is, I succesfully installed Niresh 10.8.5 and works perfect, but I tried and tried to get WiFi conection (no Wifi icon on status bar, no Wifi on Network settings)

I tried installing io80211family.kext, RehabMan-Atheros, toledaARPT.kext and nothing. No icon, no settings...

Also I read something about patch DSDT but I don't get nothing clear about how to use or how to patch, all guides are too complex for a person that don't have knowledge of that things. Also a lot of files fo download are missing and a lot of links to get reference are broken, and that increase the complexity of the problem.

I have a PowerMac G5 MOD working very well, but obviosly I made with the ¨Buyer's Guide¨ and I didn't got any major trouble, but with this laptop it's guiving me headache

I don't know what to do now, I'm reinstalling again 10.8.5 but I don't have more ideas.

Can someone help me?

Hello and welcome to InsanelyMac.

About the ban we always talk before with the user, if we see a bad behavior. But for you avoid things like this, please read carefully our Rules.

Try this method to enable your WiFi: 

Disable the SIP also, and repair the disk permissions.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to InsanelyMac.

About the ban we always talk before with the user, if we see a bad behavior. But for you avoid things like this, please read carefully our Rules.

Try this method to enable your WiFi: 

Disable the SIP also, and repair the disk permissions.

if the advice of allan does not work try this kext in s \ l \ e but first restore the original kext and repair the permissions

I tried both and no luck.Dunno what I'm doing wrong

EDIT: WORKS!!! (just restarted 2 times trying with -v -f and Rebuild

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

I've been thinking about it, but I want to try Yosemite for that, but do you think my PC it's compatible with it?

I do not know ... the problem is the processor ... you have to try :lol: 

In theory the processor shouldn't be a probem, neither would be the graphics but I wouldn't expect too much off it...

Well, finally managed to install OSX Yosemite, and works really good to be honest. I had some troubles with iCloud, the slider sound, and but it's solved. 

Definitely runs better than Windows 10 on this laptop, I was using W7 (ran decently) but I prefer Mac OS.

Thanks for your awesome help, you save me with Yosemite too!   :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Well, I'm trying with a vanilla installation of Yosemite, and I want to update to 10.10.5

For now (I had some troubles with boot, iobluetoothhcicontroller, and with boot args), I have a vanilla installation working with full graphics, audio, trackpad and Wifi (using -v dart=1 kext-dev-mod=1)

Also, it shows as: MacBook Pro 5.1 Intel Core 2 Duo

The question is: what is the best way to install 10.10.5 without wasting my installation?

Ok I'm stupid, given that I downloaded a fresh vanilla Yosemite from MAS, obviously it's the last version of Yosemite, :thumbsup_anim:   so as I said, I'm stupid sorry for that   :blush:

post-1565790-0-54142200-1520037251_thumb.jpg