Mac 10.13.1 WiFi adapter help needed

Twml

4 posts in this topic

I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running High Sierra 10.13.1

I'm trying to get wifi working, my internal wifi as far as i can tell is not mac compatible, its a intel centrino wireless

I also cant change my wifi card, the elitebook i have only accepts a few different cards or it wont boot past post if it is changed.

Also i have managed to brick the system a few times attempting different kext or pkgs. I cant seem to figure it out for high sierra. 

I have a WiFi USB RTL8188CUS, that i had working in Yosemite 10.10 using a 10.9 pkg.

but as far as i can tell 10.11 El Capitan was the last driver support for the card, and doesnt work in 10.13.1. the wifi utility wont open to connect to a network. 

Is there a possible way to get this card working, or do i need to buy a new wifi usb.

If i do need a new one what would be a good one to buy? i need it to have 10.13.1 driver support and be usb also not be to expensive, N300 is good enough but i do have an AC1750 router.

Im fairly new to getting Mac running on Intel Based PCs. 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got it working but it sometimes randomly disconnects me from wifi and wont reconnect until a reboot.

The kext i used was for 10.11 El Capitan. i was just using the El Capitan only kext before and not the multi edition kext.

Attached is the utility and kext i used.

So i still need help but i have made a little progress

RTL8188CUS 10.11 WiFi.zip

• 2 weeks later...

only drivers i see on there is 

1.0.1.4  -  Support OS:MAC 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11

and 

1.0.1.5  -  Support OS:MAC 10.12

what driver do i download? and i used the canada links for each respectfully as thats where i am. but same thing.

i will try and order one here soon, for now marked this as solved.