iMessage on 10.13.3 someone?

Peke

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Has someone activated iMessage in 10.13.3? 

I was reading the guide here  "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320946-cant-get-imessagefacetime-to-work/"before trying iMessage.

But some questions arise and i´ll appreciate some insight.

So far...

Currently I can access with my Apple ID to iCloud without problems and my Hackintosh is even recognized as trusted device and can receive apple verifications codes if necessary. Same with App Store (I own apple devices too so I got two step verification working as it should).

Never "signed in" in iMessage from my hackintosh with my Apple ID as I don't know if I I`m already ok to do.

All my devices can be found with "Find my Mac, iPhone,etc ...."

and finally to the questions.

1.- I read over different post that Ethernet should be En0 and thats is ok but I connect over wifi and mine is  En2. In my research wifi over real Mac should be on En2 but some people say it should stick too on En0 to get a working iMessage. Is that true or just misunderstanding? 

2.- This Guide can be used as current? If I remember well something I saw in a post is that with the last patch in High Sierra some changes were applied to verification to use iMessage. And was easier to people to work with it without problems.

well that's all.  :)

post-2379289-0-99453600-1517755697_thumb.png

The main thing you need in order for Messages to work is working nvram. From your sig you have Z170 motherboard which means you should be using latest Clover with AptioMemoryFix.efi (AptioFix_v9.zip) from vit9696 in drivers64UEFI folder, make sure to remove any OsxAptioFix files before using AptioMemoryFix. Ethernet naming doesn't matter, use the correct SMBIOS that will generate the correct MLB and ROM like so:

4T1UWEL.png

V44HtoV.png

• Like 1

Hi Pavo

thanks for the answer.

This is already done from the beginning of my build. Also checked that my Serial is valid and is not already used.

And its working fine. Just sent a message to my phone and backwards!! 

:thumbsup_anim:

post-2379289-0-33397700-1517757324_thumb.png

Valid serial is also a myth and is not required.

Ok, nice to know that now. Hope this thread helps others that may have the same doubts.

Checking my clover drivers64UEFI folder I currently have AptioMemoryFix.efi (thanks Mald0n) but is somewhat not as new as the one you send me (you can see the attached image with both).

1.-Would be necessary to replace it now if iMessage is working?

From that question they born others and if you can be kind to answer this would clarify more things.

1.1. Can iMessage be functional if you don't have the Aptiomemory fix? Saying that it works with the other one you mentioned (OsxAptioFix) but in the next boot it would be disabled?

1.2 If i replace now the old with the new nothing else is required to do? 

Thanks in advance.

post-2379289-0-33458600-1517762378_thumb.png

Ok, nice to know that now. Hope this thread helps others that may have the same doubts.

Checking my clover drivers64UEFI folder I currently have AptioMemoryFix.efi (thanks Mald0n) but is somewhat not as new as the one you send me (you can see the attached image with both).

1.-Would be necessary to replace it now if iMessage is working?

From that question they born others and if you can be kind to answer this would clarify more things.

1.1. Can iMessage be functional if you don't have the Aptiomemory fix? Saying that it works with the other one you mentioned (OsxAptioFix) but in the next boot it would be disabled?

1.2 If i replace now the old with the new nothing else is required to do? 

Thanks in advance.

I compile AptioMemoryFix every time there is an update to vit9696 git, which is like everyday. There is already a newer one out since I posted the one previously AptioFix_v10.zip. Now to answer your questions:

1. Not necessary but the newer versions have fixes that could be better or worse, test and see.

1.1 As I stated before Messages require working nvram, either natively which AptioMemoryFix provides and on some system OsxAptioFix provides, or emulated which means you have to use Emuvariable instead. 

1.2 Nothing else is required if you just replace the old with the new.

• Like 1

Peke, how old is your Apple ID? If it's not new, could you try to create a new one and thest if it requires you to call Apple to use that ID?

All my old Apple ID's work fine on new builds (from 2013/2014) but I haven't been able to use the new ID's (2017/2018) without calling Apple, calling them was also a dead end as they said they can't find my serial and I should send my "MacBook" for repair.

Peke, how old is your Apple ID? If it's not new, could you try to create a new one and thest if it requires you to call Apple to use that ID?

All my old Apple ID's work fine on new builds (from 2013/2014) but I haven't been able to use the new ID's (2017/2018) without calling Apple, calling them was also a dead end as they said they can't find my serial and I should send my "MacBook" for repair.

Amble

mi Apple ID is over 8 years old(or more). It's the first one created with my first iphone device and the one I still use today.

From what i saw (can be wrong) is that people that dont own real Apple device´s experienced more problems with their new id when Apple ask for an extra validation. Dunno if they are blacklisted or just their systems put those id´s on hold.

The only time i experienced a real problem with mi Apple ID was when i was messing with different serials and later entering icloud. Something raised a flag and my ID was blocked until a go through a validation that in my case was a 2 step validation through my iPhone. 

After that my ID was usable and my devices registered correctly again. I think that as is an old ID created first from an iPhone their systems dont need that you call and you can re-validate it directly from the device.

So i recommend you that if you got an iphone go through the 2 steps validation with this new build and see if works. Else i really dont know.