DSDT - need some help please (Asus P6T deluxe v2 / X5670 / GTX970)

14 posts in this topic

Hello guys, having sometimes slow boot times, sometimes hangs on shutdown and HWmonitor does not work (rainbow spinning wheel). I'm embarrassed to say I installed Clover using a tool from another website, I would really love to do a fresh install and install DSDT's/kexts as I require them rather than some generic tool.

I have read lots about DSDT's over several days but it's beyond my current knowledge how to modify them. I have followed a thread here  and read a lot including here. I am including the tables and extracted IOReg. Hopefully some kind person could help me out?

System specs:

• MacOS High Sierra 10.3.2
  • MB - Asus P6T Deluxe v2 (Bios 1202 - SLIC 2.1 modded for Windows activation)
  • CPU - X5670 (Westmere)
  • RAM - Corsair Dominator triple channel
  • GPU- EVGA GTX970 SC

Drives attached:

• 120GB SSD (Reserved/Legacy Windows partitions)
  • 500GB SSD (NTFS storage)
  • 2 x 1TB SATA (NTFS in RAID mirror) - I have this array hidden in MacOS
  • 500GB SSD (EFI/OSX/RECOVERY)
  • SATA Bluray writer

Additional attached:

• PCI card for USB3.0 (generic type) - motherboard only supports USB 2.0

Working:

• Ethernet is working fine with Marvell88E8056.kext (inject with Clover preferred ?)
  • WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106 installed and working
  • Sound AD2000B working with AppleHDA Patcher and installed kext (can be patched on the fly - thread here ?)
  • EFI>Clover>Other contains only FakeSMC.kext

Hope this is not asking too much guys, really appreciate it!

Thanks 

Chris

Send me 877dev’s Mac Pro.zip

Asus P6T deluxe v2 specs.zip

Clover F4 AMLs.zip

IOReg 877dev’s Mac Pro.zip

CLOVER877backup 27-01-2018.zip

check

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

u can use all kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other

Thanks very much MaLd0n for that!!

I copied over Clover and it seems to shutdown better now (spinning wheel on shutdown which wasn't there before). Also startup is much quicker. Also my PCI USB3.0 slots are working! Brilliant!

Few problems:

• I can't seem to get NVIDIA driver to stick, when I select and restart its back to default macOS driver. This happened before to me, I can't remember what fixed it.
  • Windows 10 option is missing from Clover. 
  • Audio stopped working again.

I'll have a play with Clover Configurator I guess? And reinstall audio driver kexts. 

Thanks again :)

It's legacy (BIOS).

Update:

• FIXED - enabled web drivers in Clover: I can't seem to get NVIDIA driver to stick, when I select and restart its back to default macOS driver. This happened before to me, I can't remember what fixed it.
  • Windows 10 option is missing from Clover. 
  • FIXED - changed audio ID back to 7 in Clover Audio stopped working again.

Also. updated Clover via CC from v4392 to v4334. For some reason editing via Clover Config does not save settings, need to investigate!

just update clover, i think u need rc scripts

u can use it

Thanks MaLd0n,

I updated Clover like you said and now NVIDIA is working on reboot :) (I also needed to copy over the DSDT.aml and kext files as they were gone after update for some reason).

Audio

Audio was not working, but it does work if I change config.plist to inject audio>7.

Should the changes you made in DSDT.aml and the new AppleALC.kext in CLOVER>KEXTS>OTHER enable audio?

Or should I be using my patched AppleHDA.kext (currently installed to S/L/E via Kext Utility) made by using this guide ?

Many thanks!!

CLOVER877backup 28-01-2018.zip

MironeAudio_877_audio_7.zip

if u patched AppleHda, use it wit ID 7, no problem, but i think u dont need it, work with AppleAlc without any mod, u can try

DSM HDEF REMOVED, inject audio id via clover

attachicon.gifDSDT._DSM HDEF REM.zip

Its working with your first DSDT.aml only if I change audio>7 in config.plist.

I will try and restore AppleHDA to original and test if AppleALC can work without any mod.

Thanks very much!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Its working with your first DSDT.aml only if I change audio>7 in config.plist.

I will try and restore AppleHDA to original and test if AppleALC can work without any mod.

Thanks very much!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim:

Nice

after updates u don't need patched nothing again ;) just updates kext if have new versions

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i see you have ssame mobo as mine and i have posted a thread here on forum

but nobody answered...

can you help me please?

in the meantime i managed to update to build 17D102  so mentioned installer problem in clover bootloader is gone, but i am still having problems with USB and graphics...

currently i am using rolled back 378.10.10.10.25.106 driver but it is almost the same as original  387.10.10.10.25. .161 driver...

USB is giving me problems like freezing mouse and keyboard in high sierra...

please help...

Maldon, i have used your DSDT which you posted here since i do not know how to edit it and i am not sure if that DSDT contains USB ports data inside therefore i am not sure which options in clover related to USB need to be ticked or not...