Trouble with HD 4600+ HDMI audio setup

shrieken213

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm having a little trouble getting my HDMI port to output audio. I'm using toleda's script, and I've noticed a couple things.

His guide mentions installing an SSDT, which contains framebuffer and hda-gfx edits that I already have in the the DSDT from previous patches. The script detects this and doesn't install the SSDT, which is good.

When I'm given the option to patch DP to HDMI, if I say yes it installs a kext patch; if I say no it does not. Regardless I do not get audio. I also don't quite understand why it needs to patch an HDMI port for DP? toleda provides little explanation on this (or why one would need this).

I have FakePCIID installed, which loads correctly I think. kextstat shows the kext loaded and the IOReg has the RM,device-id injected.

Since my graphics is HD 4600+ (8086:0412), I don't need any graphics injections or the FakePCIID Intel graphics injector.

If it's worth anything, toleda's AppleHDA script works for enabling onboard audio; I've disabled all audio patches while I worked on the HDMI patch.

Can anyone help me through this? I've attached my ioreg, DSDT and config.plist.

You don't attached anything to your post. Anyway, remove all patches you're using for audio except the one for the motherboard audio and place this file into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Pacthed:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/blob/master/ssdt_hdmi-hd4600%2B/ssdt_hdmi-hd4600%2B-airplay.zip

Unzip it first.

All of those patches are already in the DSDT.

Archive.zip

I've looked more into the IOReg and found that the port numbering does not line up with what the script or toleda's kext patches.

VGA and DVI ports are assigned 0x5 and 0x6 respectively, but the HDMI port is 0x0. The script detects a display at port 0x7, which does not exist, and offers to add the framebuffer patch for port 0x7, which is not added.

I tried manually adding the Azul framebuffer DP2HDMI patch for 0x7 and it didn't make any difference.

place this file into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Pacthed:

Bad suggestion, there are no HD4600 display connectors in the framebuffer injected by the ssdt; hence the name, hd4600+-airplay.

Discrete graphic required.

When I'm given the option to patch DP to HDMI, if I say yes it installs a kext patch; if I say no it does not. Regardless I do not get audio. I also don't quite understand why it needs to patch an HDMI port for DP? toleda provides little explanation on this (or why one would need this).

The native connector is DP. With y, the DP connector is edited to a HDMI connector.

A y is required for your system.

VGA and DVI ports are assigned 0x5 and 0x6 respectively, but the HDMI port is 0x0. The script detects a display at port 0x7, which does not exist, and offers to add the framebuffer patch for port 0x7, which is not added.

No Apple machine ever shipped with HD4600 graphics, 0x0 is a bug.  However, port 0x0 is actually 0x7 which does exist as does the patch. Where are looking for the patch?

All of those patches are already in the DSDT.

The dsdt patches are fine.

The kext patches are not.

Choices:

1. Run the script and answer y for connector patch, 3 patches are required for HD4600 HDMI audio on your system.

2. See AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.

Bad suggestion, there are no HD4600 display connectors in the framebuffer injected by the ssdt; hence the name, hd4600+-airplay.

Discrete graphic required.

The native connector is DP. With y, the DP connector is edited to a HDMI connector.

A y is required for your system.

No Apple machine ever shipped with HD4600 graphics, 0x0 is a bug.  However, port 0x0 is actually 0x7 which does exist as does the patch. Where are looking for the patch?

The dsdt patches are fine.

The kext patches are not.

Choices:

1. Run the script and answer y for connector patch, 3 patches are required for HD4600 HDMI audio on your system.

2. See AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.

Even if I answer yes in the script it does not add the patch. I went to your GitHub and grabbed the example config.plist with all the patches included, then copied the appropriate patch into my config.plist.

<dict>
<key>Item 0</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9-10.11-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-1of2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PQsMAAA=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDAController</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PQwMAAA=</data>
</dict>
<key>Item 1</key>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>t2-10.9-10.11-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-2of2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PQwKAAA=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDAController</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PQwMAAA=</data>
</dict>
<key>Item 2</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AwYIAAAEAAARAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AwYSAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.10-10.11-Azul-Port_0x7-DP2HDMI</string>
</dict>
</dict>

Do you mean these 3 patches? Of these, the script only installs Audio-2of2. I manually copied the last 0x7-DP2HDMI patch, and haven't installed Audio-1of2. No combination of any of these patches work.

Even if I answer yes in the script it does not add the patch.

No combination of any of these patches work.

No need to disable onboard audio, install onboard audio

Restart.

Attach the script output, config.plist, Clover boot log and IOReg.

Only one combination of the three patches will work; all three at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

No need to disable onboard audio, install onboard audio

Restart.

Attach the script output, config.plist, Clover boot log and IOReg.

Only one combination of the three patches will work; all three at the same time.

Here's the files. The config-script.plist is what the script returns; config-manual.plist is what I installed manually. FakePCIID.kext is also in place and is correctly loading on IOReg.

(also a side note: the CloverALC script is broken; attached here as well just in case)

Archive.zip

AppleHDA.log.zip

Here's the files. The config-script.plist is what the script returns; config-manual.plist is what I installed manually. 

(also a side note: the CloverALC script is broken; attached here as well just in case)

Framebuffer patch is not working, likely caused by a change in Clover since v4305; bundle-id required.  

Script says config.plist is broken, "Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:", Does Not Exist"

Script updated to address both issues, https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/audio_cloverHDMI-130.command.zip

Framebuffer patch is not working, likely caused by a change in Clover since v4305; bundle-id required.  

Script says config.plist is broken, "Print: Entry, ":KernelAndKextPatches:KextsToPatch:", Does Not Exist"

Script updated to address both issues, https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/audio_cloverHDMI-130.command.zip

Made a fresh new config.plist, the new script works. Thanks!