Just installed Nebukadnezar, dual core support not working on Dell E1405

Jagojon3

14 posts in this topic

I just installed this latest kernel, and it seems that I still don't have dual core support. The graphics are jerky and jumpy just like before when I keep both cores enabled. I also tried the -fsb bootup option like it said in the faq and that didn't seem to change anything. Does anyone have any advice or tips to get both cores working smoothly?

I just installed this latest kernel, and it seems that I still don't have dual core support. The graphics are jerky and jumpy just like before when I keep both cores enabled. I also tried the -fsb bootup option like it said in the faq and that didn't seem to change anything. Does anyone have any advice or tips to get both cores working smoothly?

Can you tell me which version of kernl you use, which boot options and possibly give me both some more "spec"? Pls. also refer to the trouble shotting guide in the FAQ or take advantage of the support in IRC. There are a lot of other people usng DUAL CORE with Nebu all got it working.

Do you use any other graphic card driver? FSB boot option is outdated and no longer recommended in the FAQ so I think you might use a old version.

Pls. refer teh IRC channel for further support. Thanks you :blink:

Ok, ppl, now stop it. This kernel flaming is the thing I hate most in this community and it causes nothing more than strife.

@DaemonEs: Stop your marketing in other people threads

@ttyseven: Stop provocation.

So, now love and peace for everyone.

Just woke up & read this for breakfast..

May I simply recommend that the developers refrain from posting in each others threads? it invariably derails the intention, which is to debug the problems involved in the specific case in question.

"the answer to 'my ford doesn't run right' is never: 'buy a chevy'"

Just a suggestion.

I meant to say -fpm, not -fsb.

Not sure which version of the kernel I have, I downloaded it yesterday afternoon from the IRC channel.

The bootup options I also tried were -v. I still had no sound, wireless networking support didn't work anymore and it was jerky, so I just went back to 10.4.6 on the old kernel running in core solo mode.

I also noticed that it did not list my laptop as being compatible with 10.4.8 in the wiki. I actually did get it installed and running by using an external monitor during installation, but I lost wireless networking support which is necessary for me.