Powered USB 3.0 Hub Causing Shutdown Problems

j3yps

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having shutdown problems (it will reboot instead of shutdown) if i have my powered USB 3.0 Hub connected (http://www.tp-link.com/sa/products/details/cat-5688_UH720.html) but if i turn the hub off or disconnect it my hackintosh shuts down properly.

I do not have this problem with Windows 10 even if the hub is connected and turned on. and i think my bios settings are spot on.

Just wondering if there's a possible fix for this or if anybody experienced the same problem before.

P.S. some of you might say that i should just disconnect or turn the Hub off before shutting down. That is the only solution i have right now unfortunately the location of the hub is not really accessible because it is almost hidden in the middle of a huge studio desk. haha

I have the same problem. The best solution is to create an SSDT for your USB. It's complicated at the beguinner, but is the real solution to get USB working fine. Before decide this, have you try FixShutdown in Clover?

I'll read up on how to do that,if you have any link to what i can learn pls share it.

Yeah "FixShutdown" in clover doesn't help with it.

You can try to used a good compatible USB3.0 HUB ;)

ORICO Aluminum 10 Port Super Speed USB 3.0 Hub

I have this one here ➜ ORICO 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 3.3-Feet USB Cable

captu124.png

Actually it's not just the usb hub. I found out that even if an external hard drive is plugged in, it will also reboot the computer once i shutdown the osx

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk