I just got X1900XT working Dual Screen!

MiR

10 posts in this topic

Thank you very much for natit, my X1900XT now works 100% with Dual-Screen.

I've posted the instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32992

@dm_webd: I would like to change natit's source code so that the device-ID's are also read from the Info.plist.

Did you already implement this or shall I (try to) take care of this?

This would make it very easy to add the real names of Radeon Cards to natit, right now the name of my X1900XT is 'Unknown NVidia Card'. It does not hurt, but it looks stange.....

I can't wait to have the SSE2-Emulation in Semthex Kernel, hopefully I can use the same trick on my Radeon Mobility X300.

MiR

Thank you very much for natit, my X1900XT now works 100% with Dual-Screen.

I've posted the instructions here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32992

Hey, that's great. Nice to see this enables people to experiment and get stuff working. Great work. :)

@dm_webd: I would like to change natit's source code so that the device-ID's are also read from the Info.plist.

Did you already implement this or shall I (try to) take care of this?

This would make it very easy to add the real names of Radeon Cards to natit, right now the name of my X1900XT is 'Unknown NVidia Card'. It does not hurt, but it looks stange.....

You want to add the device id->model name to the plists? That should be possible. Maybe have a dictionary for nVidia vendor id and one for ati. Do you have experience in coding, or should I have a look at it?

I've coded more than half of my life, but always avoided C/C++...

I think I can patch your code if you don't have the time right now, if you do it the changes will perhaps happen faster :)

MiR

I've coded more than half of my life, but always avoided C/C++...

I think I can patch your code if you don't have the time right now, if you do it the changes will perhaps happen faster :(

MiR

Well, I think I'll do it now. Working on this EDID autodetect is driving me crazy - I need a break doing something else. I should have something ready soon. :)

Well, I think I'll do it now. Working on this EDID autodetect is driving me crazy - I need a break doing something else. I should have something ready soon. :D

Great!

Perhaps you could Index the entries based on the pattern for IOPCIMatch or simply by VenorID + ModelName

I think that Natit will be useable for a lot more than making displays work, after a little bit of generalization it could perhaps also repair audio cards or make dual screens possible on a Mac Mini (My next project :D )

MiR

Great!

Perhaps you could Index the entries based on the pattern for IOPCIMatch or simply by VenorID + ModelName

I think that Natit will be useable for a lot more than making displays work, after a little bit of generalization it could perhaps also repair audio cards or make dual screens possible on a Mac Mini (My next project :) )

MiR

Just posted a new version with your suggestions - if I understand them correct. Could you test it with an ATI card?

I will test in a moment, I just switched back to NT on this machine .

You have included all my values, some of them might be unneccessary:

<key>@0,display-connect-flags</key>

<integer>400</integer>

<key>@1,display-connect-flags</key>

<integer>400</integer>

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>

<integer>2147483648</integer>

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>

<integer>4096</integer>

<key>ATY,RegisterSpaceOffset</key>

<integer>2427584512</integer>

The Display Connect flags might also be wrong, they originally were 400 hex, that would mean 1024 dec

The only bad thing with this new format is that it is not easy to read because it contains so much information....

MiR

You have included all my values, some of them might be unneccessary:

The Display Connect flags might also be wrong, they originally were 400 hex, that would mean 1024 dec

I've corrected this - please see post in the main thread.

The only bad thing with this new format is that it is not easy to read because it contains so much information....

You can get around this using the property list editor from xcode, or if you like me prefer to edit in text mode, I can suggest the TextMate editor which is also excellent for editing plists as it has automatic indentation and collapse function.