need help with clover config

wikedone

112 posts in this topic

Hi im new here and need some help, I have the install usb created but OSX wont boot,i have followed this guide up til the Clover configurator step as im confused on how to continue with that step..

Laptop specs from cpuz:

Cpu - intel core i5 7200u

mainboard - manufacture - KBL  Model - Charmander_KL chipset intel Kabylake rev.02 southbridge Intel Coffee lake-U/Y pch rev21

Memory DDR4

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 620

If you need any other information let me know 

• 3 weeks later...

Try using clover boot screen menu to remove all the ACPI dsdt fixes, uncheck all the boxes. Use cursor arrows to go to “ options” tab. Also, go to CPU Tuning and uncheck everything but C6, then go to Binaries and uncheck everything but C6. Go to graphics section and check Inject Intel, and add ig platform 0x59120001, or 0x59120003. See if that gets you past the kernel loading ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ signs.

Hit space bar once before booting and select verbose and keep symbols and don’t reboot on panic.

Ok so get past the osxaptio, removed the hwmonitor and voodoo daemon and used the config file you provided and this is where it’s at now

Update:

So I did google searching for the issue at the end and everything I found points to checking usb ownership in clover but when I do that it go s past that part loads what looks like a bunch xpc issues but I also noticed that when I check usb ownership it makes airport_brcm4360 fail

post-1820860-0-45080700-1512650196_thumb.jpeg

I’m installing it now I’m using a usb mouse atm

update:

Sierra is installed no wifi  trackpad is working with basic functionality no sound graphics looks to be working, ethernet is working, so whats next to install clover to the drive right?

Sierra is installed no wifi  trackpad is working with basic functionality no sound graphics looks to be working, ethernet is working, so whats next to install clover to the drive right?

Copy EFI folder (located in EFI partition on the usb) to the EFI partition on internal drive.

To get wifi working, try to install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to L/E. Remove them from EFI, rebuild kernel cache and reboot.

Is it the efi backup folder because I’m not seeing a efi folder

Mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator.

what’s the commands for kernel cache I can’t remember if the top of my head I know it’s sudo touch something

sudo kextcache -i /

Ok do I merge or replace the efi folder? I have a window that says

A folder named “EFI” already exist in this location do you want to merge or replace it with the one your copying?

Merge will combine the two folders, preserving all the newer items such as “BOOT” and 492 other items

Ok to install the kexts do I just move the kexts to the L/E folder or install with a kext utility?

If can keep them to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 or you can install them with kext utility. If you want to install them, do it properly.

But you want me to put the wifi kext in the L\E folder right or in the 10.12 folder because right now they are in the other folder, and if I install the wifi kext with kext utility it puts the wifi kext in /S/L/E

Place wifi kext in S/L/E.

S/L/E and L/E are basically the same. Apple's kexts are in S/L/E and third party kext are usually located in L/E. If you want to install wifi kext to L/E you can do this: from terminal (supposing that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is in Downloads folder)

cd ~/Downloads
cp -R FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext /Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo kextcache -i /

S/L/E and L/E are basically the same. Apple's kexts are in S/L/E and third party kext are usually located in L/E. If you want to install wifi kext to L/E you can do this: from terminal (supposing that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is in Downloads folder)

cd ~/Downloads
cp -R FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext /Library/Extensions/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo kextcache -i /

Ok so they are in /L/E and this is the terminal output

Gregs-MacBook-Pro:Desktop greg$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

FakePCIID.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

KernelCache ID: 6BF3EF2723BDA4E6E8023AF3448D75F7

Gregs-MacBook-Pro:Desktop greg$

cd ~/Downloads
sudo kextcache -i /

Ok so they are in /L/E and this is the terminal output

Gregs-MacBook-Pro:Desktop greg$ sudo kextcache -i /

Password:

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

FakePCIID.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

KernelCache ID: 6BF3EF2723BDA4E6E8023AF3448D75F7

Gregs-MacBook-Pro:Desktop greg$

From terminal

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/FakePCIIDBroadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/FakePCIIDBroadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo kextcache -i /

The same for the other kext.

From terminal

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/FakePCIIDBroadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/FakePCIIDBroadcom_WiFi.kext
sudo kextcache -i /

The same for the other kext.

Ok after that wifi isn't working still can't boot without checking USB ownership which makes wifi not load if I don't check usb ownership wifi loads but booting stops