UltraMultiBooting

romanosgr

2 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm new here and to be honest i don't know where exactly to post this, hope this is the right place though. Let's get to the point now, shall we? I want to make 6 different partitions on a 100 hd sata fujitsu drive on my pavilion dual core centrino laptop. I've successfully made the following partitions: 1) osx 2) windows xp pro 3) back up 4) windows xp pro (no internet) 5) Linux and maybe adding a 6th partition for windows vista. Initially everything seemed to be perfect and i was quite happy with my thought's hierarchy, at least anything seemed to be cool theoretically. Well, it's not that easy :dev: When i installed the second windows os on the 4th partition when i get to the darwin loader it doesn't have the osx partition but instead it changed onto the windows one.. this is really stupid and i can't really realize why that happened. I tried to open the boot configuration text and i did that but it didn't work. The thing is that i just want to select my preferred operating system and be able to boot it straight away, but if windows is preselected on darwin, that makes me really unhappy. Please if someone has some recommendations on how to solve this , he is really welcome. Thnx very much and i'm waiting for someone's help :)

darwin's defaults on the active partition, here probably the first win partition where the second win put its boot files.

Use your linux's grub, and make sure in grub's menu to set osx active before booting it.

Here's a few grub tips for osx in the wiki.

There are a few threads here on insanelymac for multiboot with grub; make a search for 'grub'.