[SUCCESS] ASRock H110M-G/M.2 with macOS High Sierra

piiggggg

9 posts in this topic

ASRock H110M-G/M.2 - Intel® Core™ i3-7100 - GeForce GT 1030 - macOS High Sierra & Windows 10

N9fE7IZ.jpg

Components:

What Works

• Audio
  • iMessage/Facetime (Got a free MLB & ROM from a broken Macbook 2012)
  • iCloud/App Store/iTunes
  • Nvidia GT 1030
  • Intel HD 630
  • All USB Ports
  • Network
  • Sleep/wake
  • Wifi/Bluetooth (BCM94360CS2)

What Doesn't Work

• HDMI audio (need hotplug after boot or use DP-HDMI/DVI-HDMI cable)

Update

• 12/8/2017: Remove DSDT, don't need DSDT for USB patch anymore.
  • 12/8/2017: Now use PluginType=1 for Intel PM, don't need ssdtPRGen.sh anymore
  • 12/12/2017: APFS has TRIM built-in, disable TRIM by command
  • 12/14/2017: Add my new mouse because I can't use sleep with other brand
  • 12/15/2017: Enable Intel HD for VDA decode support
  • 12/17/2017: Disable Intel HD for the new iTunes-DRM fix (I still leave Intel HD config with a note if you guy want to use Intel HD)
  • 12/17/2017: Got my wifi/bt card BCM94360CS2, just plug it in and re-login iCloud. Handoff will work after that
  • 12/23/2017: Use layout-id 3 to fix audio output
  • 12/23/2017: Trim some SSDT file
  • 12/24/2017: Update some command help to fix Power Nap mode
  • 1/1/2018: Enable Intel HD for VDA decode support (again). Happy New Year!!
  • 1/12/2018: Enable VT-d, it's stable now but need more testing. Update ACPI patch to make it works
  • 1/12/2018: Use other shiki boot flag to make hardware decoding working well
  • 2/4/2018: We using native NVRAM hardware now
  • 6/2/2018: Update EFI folder, delete some unnecessary ACPI rename, SSDT.

Benchmarks:

Installation:

1. BIOS Settings
  2. Install Clover Bootloader & macOS installer to USB drive
  3. Kext
  4. config.plist file
  5. macOS installation
  6. Install Clover Bootloader & macOS to hard drive
  7. SSDT
  8. GPU
  9. Hardware sensor
  10. Update macOS to new version
  11. Enable T.R.I.M. on High Sierra
  12. Dual-boot with Windows 10
  13. Fix Power Nap mode
  14. Windows & macOS issue fix

1. BIOS Settings

Advanced
- CPU Configuration
    - Package C State Support: Enabled (or Auto)
- Chipset Configuration
    - VT-d: Enabled (For High Sierra and higher OS only)
    - IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
    - Share Memory: 64M
    - IGPU Multi-Monitor: Enabled
    - Onboard HD Audio: Audio
        - Front Panel: AC 97
    - Onboard HDMI Audio: Enabled
- Storage Configuration
    - SATA Aggressive Link Power Management: Enabled
- Super IO Configuration
    - Serial Port: Disabled
    - Parallel Port: Disabled
    - PS2 Y-Cable: Auto
- USB Configuration
    - Legacy USB Support: Enabled
    - XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
- Trusted Computing
    - Security Device Support: Disable

Security
- Secure boot: Disabled
- Intel Platform Trust Technology: Disabled

Boot
- Fast boot: Disabled
- CSM
    - CSM: Disabled

2. Install Clover Bootloader & macOS installer to USB drive

To create a bootable macOS & Clover Bootloader USB, you will need a Mac device or set up a macOS High Sierra VM and a USB drive too (16GB). Download these tool for creating bootable USB

First, you will need to create a bootable macOS installer. Open "Disk Utility", erase your USB drive:

Name: USB
Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Scheme: GUID Partition Map

After that, open "Terminal" type this command to start the progress

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Wait till it done, can take about 15m-20m. When it was done, open Clover Bootloader file, change install location to  your USB drive, goes to Customize and select:

- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- (Choose your theme)
- Drivers64UEFI
-- AptioMemoryFix
-- VBoxHfs-64

Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Now finish the installation.

3. Kext

In order to make macOS working on a non-Apple system, we need to install some kexts. If you don't know what is it then Google it now.

On High Sierra, I recommend only install kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/other/

Here's the list of kext that you need on your system:

4. config.plist file

Clover will perform an automatic configuration based on the computer's hardware. Nevertheless, an automatic unit is never perfect and this is why the user can permanently change several parameters in the configuration file config.plist or on the fly in the GUI. The configuration file is written in XML but it can be handy to view it as a text file. It can be edited by simple text editors or by plist editors like PlistEdit, Clover Configuration. Clover is shipped with two variants of this file: a full-size version with all possible configuration options and a minimal version.

The configuration file (config.plist) must be put in the EFI/CLOVER folder.

Now open Clover Configuration, and open your config.plist file. If you can't find your EFI partition, use the Mount EFI section on Clover Configuration to mount EFI partition from your USB drive

Now set up your file follow this on each section

ACPI/DSDT

Comment: change SAT0 to SATA
Find: 53415430 
Replace: 53415441 

Comment: change _DSM to XDSM
Find: 5f44534d 
Replace: 5844534d 

Comment: change LPC to LPCB
Find: 4c50435f
Replace: 4c504342

Comment: change GLAN to GIGE
Find: 474C414E
Replace: 47494745

ACPI/Drop Tables - SSDT

1T0O209.png

Boot/Arguments

darkwake=2
XMPDetection=Yes

Custom Flags:
ngfxgl=1

Devices/Audio

Inject: 3
AFGLowPowerState: No
ResetHDA: Yes

Gui

Select your language, screen resolution, theme

Graphics

ig-platform-id: 0x59120003
Inject Intel: Yes

Rt Variables

ROM: UseMacAddr0
BooterConfig: 0x28
CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
Note: CsrActiveConfig can use to enable/disable S.I.P.. On High Sierra, some Applications & Driver like nVidia Web Driver can't working on disable mode. You will need to enable by inject 0x0 or disable by inject 0x67 on CsrActiveConfig before you install anything important

SMBIOS

Use the button in the bottom left corner, select your SMBIOS. I use i3-7100 so best SMBIOS for my CPU is iMac18,1/2/3. Click to Generate New on the Serial Number box few times

System Parameters

Inject Kexts: Yes
Inject System ID: Yes
NvidiaWeb: Yes

Now save it and move on to step 5

5. macOS installation

Now you can use your USB to install macOS into your system, remember that you will need 200MB on your EFI in order to make macOS install your hard drive. If you installed Windows on your system before, use Minitool Partition Wizard and resize it to 200MB.

I recommend you should erase everything and re-install Windows later, then you don't have to resize EFI partition since macOS can resize itself if you erase everything

Boot into UEFI option of the USB drive, now boot into macOS Installer option. You can use Disk Utility to create another partition to install macOS, also remember you can't create a partition on free size. Somehow macOS didn't allow this :(

6. Install Clover Bootloader & macOS to the hard drive

After installing macOS, use Safari and download Clover Configurator again. Mount EFI partition of your USB drive and copy EFI folder to the desktop. Unmount and mount EFI partition of your hard drive, override EFI folder from your desktop to EFI partition of your hard drive

Now you can boot macOS from your hard drive, remember to set boot priority in BIOS setting. You don't need your USB anymore, from now all of your setting about EFI partition will be write on your hard drive

7. SSDT

You will need to download all of those SSDT

Press No if the script asks you to open SSDT.aml, now use Finder and goes to ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/. You can see an SSDT.aml file. Rename it to SSDT-x.aml and copy it to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

8. GPU

In order to install Nvidia Web Driver, you will need to enable S.I.P. first (no need for Sierra) or your system will can't be bootable and you have to re-install macOS if you don't do this step

Find your Web Driver package in here, install the package that supports your build number (build number on About this Mac)

9. Hardware sensor

Download the FakeSMC.kext package, open HWMonitor.app. Remember you will have to install FakeSMC_xxSensors.kext if you didn't install it before

10. Update macOS to a new version

When Apple releases a new version/security patch for macOS, there's what do you need to update

• Wait for a new Web Driver support new macOS version (also enable S.I.P. before update it)
  • Update to newest kext, Clover Bootloader. (Clover Bootloader can be updated by installing it to hard drive like you did on USB drive before)
  • Download and update apfs.efi (no need for Sierra)

When all is ready, open App Store and download/update it. When the system reboot, you will need to boot into macOS installer section on Clover Bootloader. If you can't find it, press F3 on bootloader and it'll show up.

When it was done, you can install new Web Driver to make GPU working again

11. Enable T.R.I.M. on High Sierra & Sierra

What is T.R.I.M.?

If you using APFS, you don't need to enable T.R.I.M., since APFS only running T.R.I.M. when booting. Enable T.R.I.M. on APFS will make it unstable

You can turn on T.R.I.M. by this command if you using HFS+J (for Sierra)

sudo trimforce enable

12. Dual-boot with Windows 10

Open Disk Utility, split partition for Windows 10 about 80GB or more. Format it to HFS+J (Mac OS Extended (J))

Create bootable Windows 10 installer from other computer and boot.

Delete the partition that you just made for Windows 10, click to the Free Space that you just have and click Next. Windows will be starting to install now.

You may can't be boot into Clover Bootloader, for now, install driver, program,... for Windows then reboot to BIOS and set boot priority back to Clover. Clover Bootloader now can boot into macOS & Windows 10

13. Fix Power Nap mode

For some reasons, Power Nap will turn to hibernate mode after few hours. Use this command to fix it

sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

14. Windows & macOS issue fix

How to fix the time sync issue, read here

How to turn off fast-boot on Windows for better dual-boot support, read here

How to mount EFI partition on Windows 10, read here (You may can't read/write on EFI partition, use Task Manager to read/write it.)

You can get BCM94360CS2 wifi/bt driver at here 

Comments:

• In order to use sleep, you need some Logitech mouse/keyboard. Don't know why macOS can't stay at sleep when using other brands
Edited by piiggggg
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, zzmadd said:

Does this configuration provide Dual grafic support?

GT 1030 + Hardware acceleration with Quick synch using the integrated GPU?

Thanks

It can but this configuration is little outdated, I'll try to update my EFI for next few days

Thanks. This configuration disables the iGPU and Quick Synch.

Precisely using ig-platform-id: 0x59120003

If I use ig-platform-id: 0x59120000 then the iGPU is recognised but Final Cut Pro X crashes the Mac into a kernel panic.

• 1 month later...