Can't Install OSx86

bobd

10 posts in this topic

I burned the OSx86 image to a cd, and I am unable to install it. It boots, shows the grey screen with the apple logo and the "loading circle," and then it displays a small circle with a line through it on the apple logo after about 2 min. then stays there for the next 45 minutes. On my friend's PC, the same DVD works fine. Any suggestions? thanks.......

Start it up with the -v switch, this will start it up with the familiar (or maybe not-so to you) Unix looking boot-up procedure and the last message that displays should give you a good idea of why the boot is failing, if youre lost, post the message here.

It says still lwaiting for root device. I kept it for about 10 min. and it said the same thing, adding one line of the same thing every 1-2 minutes. I've attached a picture for clarification. Thanks.

post-12686-1128645207_thumb.jpg

It says still lwaiting for root device. I kept it for about 10 min. and it said the same thing, adding one line of the same thing every 1-2 minutes. I've attached a picture for clarification. Thanks.

I get the samething, I try another version and it goes to GUI, but it is really hard to read what it says. I have a Dell Dimension 3000, P4, 512 RAM, what should I do to make it readable?

• 1 month later...

If I'm not mistaken I think I got that message too. You just need to hit "enter" to get to the command line :).