Vitality's kernel stalls - Maxxuss' panicks on 10.4.8

vEmpire

3 posts in this topic

I just installed Apple 10.4.8 over a osx86 copy of 4.8 (Kiko?). I replaced AppleSMBIOS as instructed and restarted.

Vitality's hangs. It says something about looking for a boot device with a UUID of some long code, then some other drivers load. It loads one for the PC Card slot, and then nothing happens.

With Maxxuss' and the alternate Vitality from the other day, it panicks almost instantly. It says it can't find an ACPI driver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

It's a Toshiba R25 tablet. The modded 10.4.8 was installed before, and I ran a Apple 10.4.8 update over that, then replaced AppleSMBIOS with the one in 10.4.8.zip.

One of these days I may try to reinstall everything from scratch. It was crashhappy before I tried your kernel, so I haven't played with it much. I was hoping your kernel would make it stable. It has nearly identical specs to a MacBook, save for the AirPort card and Wacom digitizer.

Intel T2040 1.66Ghz Core Duo

1GB DDR2

Centrino Duo chipset

I think that the BIOS is being emulated in EFI, but I haven't been able to get around it to see if I can actually run in native EFI.

Thanks for your concern. And your assistance with this project. =)