Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Lost ML - dual boot Clover?

1 post in this topic

I wasn't sure which forum to use but since it's mainly about Mountain Lion, here goes...

I have been using an ML Hackintosh for years and finally decided to set up Yosemite. I split the drive so I could install Yosemite in a new partition and still keep ML. I used Clover and the install went well, I'm using Yosemite right now. But when I reboot to use ML I have a problem - I didn't think ahead that Clover would be configured for Yosemite and not ML. Also, I was using Chameleon as a boot loader, which was configured for ML, but I obviously wiped that out when I installed Clover. So now when I try to start ML it gets stuck at "RTC: only sing..." and that's all I get. I can access the ML partition from Yosemite so I haven't lost any data, but I'd like it get a boot loader configured for dual booting. I don't know if Clover can do this - it seems like I'd need to set up an additional EFI partition for ML's use so maybe some of you Hack gurus and direct me on this.

Also, Clover's boot loader screen is butt ugly! Are there themes or different backgrounds that can be used?