m1210 Audio Jacks work, but speakers dont!

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, yes i searched :), i just have a quick question, .... my audio jacks look like this

I hope you can see this....

Audio Mic

|=| |=| |=|

Ok so here is what happens......

Audio ? Audio

|=| |=| |=|

I have not tested the middle jack yet... but its SUPOSTA be my second headphone jack, which is wroking as my audio jack... if you can under stand this the first diargram is the way it works, and in windows. And the 2nd diagram is how its working now!!! I hope you can see my controversy! Besides this.. [which i dont care about].. .my bigger problem is that my internal spakers do not work!!!!! WTF??? yes they do not work... can anyone tell me why, they work in window sbut not in mac, i have a dell xps m1210........

Thanks!

p.s. i didnt sware, i said wtf.

I think this is a known problem with the M1210. I too have the same machine and the same problem only the headphone jack working. Probably to do with the 5.1 support or something (I think the M1210 converts the 1st jack and mic to 5.1 output or something, check the manual)

How did you get your wireless to permanently stay on? Mine only works after installation, and isn't enabled after subsequent reboots!

I think this is a known problem with the M1210. I too have the same machine and the same problem only the headphone jack working. Probably to do with the 5.1 support or something (I think the M1210 converts the 1st jack and mic to 5.1 output or something, check the manual)

How did you get your wireless to permanently stay on? Mine only works after installation, and isn't enabled after subsequent reboots!

Yeay now i get to help someone.....

I give all credit to denied for PMing me with thsi fix!!!!

]from Terminal]

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

On the first interface change <string>en0</string> to <string>en1</string>

then under IOInterfaceUnit, change the line below that from 0 to 1.

andn that makes it work!!!!

if you have a truemobile 1390!

But help me with my Audio! !! :'(

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...