Lenovo W540 Battery Invisible

tstc

6 posts in this topic

I put Sierra on this notebook a couple of days ago. System Definition used is MBP 11,5. Just about everything has been smooth with one exception:I can't read or see any battery. Was very surprised how well it went and how close this system definition matched my computer : MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) ... with the exception of this battery issue. :) 

What I’ve done so far(Thanks to REHABMAN)

*D/L ACPIBatteryManager.kext & installed…NO Battery

* Extracted from Clover to /EFI/acpi/origin w /F4

* Checked for duplicates

* Built and installed aisl

* Disassembled DSDT.aml & SSDT*.aml using a refs.txt

* Produced .aml files from .dsl files, as well as others

* Deleted CPU related .dsl files

* Moved aml files to/EFI/acpi/patched

* Re Booted

…NO Battery 

Any ideas? :( 

@ Herve

Thanks for shedding a little "light" on my issue. After enlisting RehabMan's expertise, was finally able to patch my DSDT with a different model's (Lenovo 550s) battery patch along with an additional patch for mine (Lenovo W540).

# added for Lenovo w540

into method label _L1D code_regex \_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.HWAC, replaceall_matched begin B1B2(\\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.WAC0,\\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.WAC1), end;

Outcome: still don't have the std MBP battery/level indicator, but coconut and iStat Menus both work well!

THANKYOU REHABMAN!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put Sierra on this notebook a couple of days ago. System Definition used is MBP 11,5. Just about everything has been smooth with one exception:I can't read or see any battery. Was very surprised how well it went and how close this system definition matched my computer : MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) ... with the exception of this battery issue. :) 

What I’ve done so far(Thanks to REHABMAN)

*D/L ACPIBatteryManager.kext & installed…NO Battery

* Extracted from Clover to /EFI/acpi/origin w /F4

* Checked for duplicates

* Built and installed aisl

* Disassembled DSDT.aml & SSDT*.aml using a refs.txt

* Produced .aml files from .dsl files, as well as others

* Deleted CPU related .dsl files

* Moved aml files to/EFI/acpi/patched

* Re Booted

…NO Battery 

Any ideas? :( 

Hi, I have also been trying to get my W540 to work with Sierra. I could enable the battery thanks to you. But I am still not able to get my display work with HD4600 properly. I was facing problem even during the installation as the screen would go blank before mac installation starts. Following RehabMan's suggestion I changed ig-platform-id to something invalid which led me to succesfully install Sierra. But with the invalid ig-platform-id I only see 7MB Video memory. If I use 0x0a260006 as ig-platform-id, the laptop screen goes blank. Did you face such issues ? Full details of my problems - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-w540-sierra-installation.231567/page-2.

I am using below config from RehabMans repository -

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

Post a copy of your zipped Clover EFI folder. No reason why you would not have graphics acceleration with your mobile HD4600 if you:

1. fake desktop HD4600 id 0x0412
  2. inject Azul FB #12 / layout-id 0x0a260006
  3. install Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphcis kexts

You appear to have a dual-GPU laptop so you may need to disable the discrete GPU for the iGPU to be used by default. Or check if you can disable the dGPU in BIOS. But this is getting off-topic re: initial battery issue...

With regards to the link you posted above: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

Please find the attachment.

EFI.zip

What can I say, it appears you're missing the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kext...

I have that in /Library/Extensions. Please see the attached contents on /L/E and /S/L/E.

I deleted all the kext files from the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other after copying them to /L/E and FakeSMC to both /L/E and /S/L/E and ran Kext Utility. I don't have an option to disable discrete graphics on the BIOS.

content_le.txt

content_sle.txt

Don't copy kext to /L/E AND /S/L/E, only to either/or. Then, repair permissions and rebuild your cache manually:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
sudo touch -f /L*/E*
sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
I would not trust any kext utility since El Capitan. If you get an error 77 after the kextcache command, repeat the sudo touch + sudo kextcache commands.

Did that. Same behaviour.