Mac Pro 2009 chime sound no video

Kaya80

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, this afternoon, while on Windows, mi mac stopped working, seemed like it was a monitor standby, but unfortunetely not...graphic card is an ATI HD 4800, in the beginning i thought it was a related graphic problem, because, with ati i had no chime sound, then i decide to replace with a Nvidia. The chime sound pop up, but no video the same.

I tried to disconnect everything, and when i start the mac up, the only led visible are power on green, and USB Stby Yellow.The i trioed to disconnect usb front panel, but no luck, tried to reset smc and Pram, no luck., i tried to clean cpu and radiator, no luck...i'm really desperate, i have all my work in that hdd, but my problemm isn't the hdd, i need my mac back to work, it's an incredible machine, and i really would like to solve this issue...can you help please to try to fix this?

Thanks

Have you tried single user mode? You will just get text. Also note there is a coos battery on the motherboard and a reset switch. The one thing you could do is unplug it from the power supply so you have no trickle voltage and press the on button for about 10 or 15 seconds. Attach the plug turn on. Did you try another monitor or cable?

Lou Cioccio

If i have no video i can't boot single user, how can i? Battery removed Yesterday for the entire night, tried different monitor and cable, and a different video card...Always the same, chime but no video output

This morning i try another video card, a geforce 210, i can reach Sierra desktop, it works perfectly, but i need my windows partition back to work, and the things are really strange about windows.

I can hear the disk loading the system, reach the desktop and i can clearly hear windows notifications from internal speaker, but no video, incredible!!

I can load now Sierra osx, but i can see only the last part of the apple logo, then i reach the login screen, Sierra works perfectly, i can see Windows hdd too and explore it, but when i try to set Windows as default, nothing works..

Can u please help me?

Now i can say for sure that my Ati 4870 stopped working, Sierra load very quickly with a Geforce 210, but Windows is black the same, now i'm trying some command from dvd prompt of Windows 10 to try to fix some error that coulb be present on my Windows hdd...

Yesterday i reach Windows desktop with this card, i heard Windows notifications sound too, but blank screen, really strange behaviour

Can u help me please, i need to restore Windows back 'cause i have very important software and datas on that hdd.

I use 3 different HDD on my Mac Pro, one for sierra, one for Windows and one for my softawre and other things

Are you running under boot camp? "If you have used Windows 10 for a while, you might have noticed that the "old ways" of booting into Safe Mode no longer work. By that, we mean trying things like pressing the F8 or the Shift + F8 keys on your keyboard while booting. These methods stopped working because the start procedure became faster than ever before. However, that doesn't mean that Windows 10 has no Safe Mode. It's just that to get to it you have to follow other procedures. Let's take a closer look and see all the ways you can get into Safe Mode in Windows 10:" 

See the link below I had to do something similar in unsigned mode to update firm ware in my Yunguno Flash triggers as they had no way in a macOS X so I did it in Parallels. Do you have a windows install disc? What I am thinking you need to be in safe mode (Catch22) to change the driver from the previous card. Just my WAG!

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

I can surely affirm that is a video driver issue, because i can start from windows dvd without any problem, then i can use that method to see if it boots in safe mode.

I'll try tomorrow morning, if it not works i will try to restore windows installation , or reinstall everything and see what happens

No luck unfortunately, no safe boot, now i'm trying to reinstall windows and see what happens after reboot, cross fingers..

Ok, reinstalling from dvd on a new hdd worked perfectly, now i'm going to reinstall on old hdd and keep my files...i think i fixed it