Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.
This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).
Supported cards are:
- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
- sound blaster 512
- sound blaster 256
- other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
- sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
- sound blaster Audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
- Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
- Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)
NOT supported cards:
- Any ISA Sound card
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5 series
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards
- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate changing and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards are limited to 176,4 khz because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for such cards)
- added boot args to manage the driver:
Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x
- created a script file to use with the driver for installing the driver and also to load/unload, update, repolace it and it's libraries.
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,
- have audio inputs working,
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
- download from the downloads section: kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01 - external download: https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script): - download: https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip Source code from Git Hub: - github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions or to do other kind of hpet mods to run the driver properly, but only on some systems, most systems should not require it
[NON RISOLTO] (Aiuto) Mouse e tastiera USB collegati ad un hub FUNZIONANO, mentre senza hub usb non funzionano nelle altre porteBy MikixIT
Salve a tutti ho installato OSX, Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), grazie a questo forum
Ho installato tutti i Kext necessari da Nvidia a quelli per l'audio HDMI,ethernet ecc..
L'unico problema che Mouse e tastiera USB collegati ad un hub FUNZIONANO, mentre senza hub usb non funzionano nelle altre porte, NELLE ALTRE PORTE PERO' FUNZIONANO PEN DRIVE USB,ho provato vari kext in rete mentre il Forum era in manutenzione
Ma non riesco a farli funzionare su altre porte,vi allego La mia EFI( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mimomvp1on4ys58/EFI-MikixIT 12%3A03%3A2018.zip) E vari screen del mio OSX con info varie
Questo è il thread in italiano dedicato alla mia app TINU, l'app open source che ho creato per creare chiavetta di installazione di mac utilizzando il metodo "createinstallmedia".
Il nome è l'acronimo di TINU Is Not U (Per le regole del forum devo censurare, ma la U si riferisce ad un programma che piu o meno svolge lo stesso scopo che per buoni motivi è bandita su questo sito, il punto del metterlo nel nome sta nel sottolineare che la mia app è totalmente diversa)
L'app è pensata per essere molto semplice ed immediata da usare (con un interfaccia grafica progettata con criteri e metodi usati in ambito professionale per lo sviluppo di applicazioni utente) e per essere molto solida e stabile che funziona sempre al primo colpo (a differenza di altri tool che conosciamo ...)
A livello funzionale quest'app non è altro che un interfaccia grafica per il metodo da terminale "createinstallmedia" che viene sfrutatto dalla stessa per creare la chiavetta, quindi le chiavette create con TINU sono chiavette al 100% vanilla come se le aveste create dal terminale, l' applicazione, rispatto al metodo da terminale, aggiunge però funzioni utili come il controllo ed il riconoscimento di errori nel processo, la formattazione automatica della chiavetta USB che si sceglie di usare in formato Mac OS Extended (journaled) (detto anche HFS+) con mapatura di partizione GUID, ed anche altre opzioni personalizzabili o disattivabili come l'applicare un icona alla chiavetta di instalalzione.
Tra gli altri vantaggi troviamo il fatto che permette di creare chiavette utilizzando qualunque applicazione di mac che contiene l'eseguibile "createinstallmedia" inclusi installer delle beta ed installer appena rilasciati, e non richiede di fare cose particolari prima come formattare la chiavetta e cambiare lingua al sistema e puo utilizzare applicazioni di mac che si trovano in varie directory nel sistema e non solo quelle che stanno nella cartella delle applicazioni ed hanno un nome specifico (nota che l'applicazione di installazione di mac deve essere quella interacche pesa diversi gb e non quella da pochi mb che l'app store puo scaricare alcune volte e che non contiene tutto quello che serve per permettere a createinstallmedia di funzionare)
Tra l;e altre cose quest'app è l'unica app di questo genere sviluppata e che continua ad essere sviluppata in Italia ed è anche l'unica completamente open source.
Trovate qui alcuni link utili:
- Scarica l'app: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases
- Codice sorgente dell'app: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU
- FAQs (Domande fatte di frequente, in inglese): https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs
- Thread in inglese su tinu (English thread about TINU): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326959-tinu-the-macos-install-media-creation-tool-mac-app/
Qui invece ci sono un paio di guide (Anche se l'app è molto facile da usare):
- Piccola guida su come usare TINU per un hackintosh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1yBZybpD4
- Piccola guida su come usare TINU per creare cheiavette per Mac "originali": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOZOUt2ErM
Pianifico molte altre nuove funzioni per future versioni dell'app (vedi il thread in inglese per saperne di più)
Il supporto a clover in TINU è pianificato per una versione futura, anche se dei protipi a livvello codice per renderlo possibile, sono gia stati sperimentati con successo.
Spero che anche voi del forum italiano aprezzerete questa app come gli utenti del forum inglese, per idee e suggerimenti, siete liberi di esprimervi :-)
Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself. In addition to this, this app provvides also to you some customization features and a better management of the hall macOS isntall media creation process
Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.
- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process
- It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
- You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size
- Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery, and you can use TINU to install macOS too.
- All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method in the terminal, with also some extra optiona features
- Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
- Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program
- No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you
- Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
- Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
- Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update
- Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media
- Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)
- Clover EFI folder installer
Features that are planned for some future versions:
- Integrated EFI partition mounter tool (TINU can already mount EFI partitions from version 2.0, but a dedicated section which allows to mount every EFI partition in the system will be added)
- Install clover and configure clover
- Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
- Clover drivers customization
- Use custom dsdt in clover
- integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
- Support for other languages, at least Italian Rquirements: - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer) - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage device in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media) Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms Latest stable TINU release: Download the app: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases View the source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU Frequently asked questions about TINU: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs NOTE: if you have problems with your USB installer of 10.13.4 or newer version not being detected by clover you have to use the latest clover and if it still does not detectets your usb installer you have to remove the invivible file called .IAPhysicalMedia located into the root of the usb installer. This issue is caused by a changement in the apple's createinstallmedia, don't blame TINU for that, TINU does only uses the installer creation method from apple, which has been changed by appleitself, causing this problem for hackintosh users some times, this issue should be resolved in the latest versions of clover which will no longer require that you do changements to let your usb dive to be detected, a setting to do this fix automatically in tinu is also present TINU in the adavnced settings, starting from the version 2.0 of the app. I leave also some screenshots as well
How to make AppleHDAController load on Ryzen boards?
Rename(/add) your audio controller to your DSDT/SSDT as HDEF Add a _DSM method to your HDEF device with layout id 1 Patch the AppleHDAController binary, because it has a static table containing the supported PCI Vendor/DeviceID pairs and it also checks the VendorID against known values. As an example I provide a dif file and patched 10.13.3 binary, but if you want to I can patch the binary for other versions.
After AppleHDAController loads to actually get sound working you need to patch AppleHDA.kext for the codec on your board. First I tried to use Lilu+AppleALC for this task, but for some reason it refused to work. (I might look into it later why) But for the time being it was easier to use toleda's cloverALC script for that, but to make it work I had to change(/remove) the specified location of the HDEF device from the script. And for some reason it also required me to mount the EFI partition manually.
if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF@1") != 0 ]]; then Into this:
if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF") != 0 ]]; then