Tutorial: Burning DMG in Windows

AcoQ

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

After a lot of research I finally found the solution for my problem: Burning DMG in Windows [xp]

1. Get TransMac, the Demo is fully working, so there is no cracking needed for us. (http://www.acutesystems.com/tmsetup.exe)

2. Install and Start TransMac.

3. Click continue.

4. Click Tools -> Disk/CD/DVD Image -> Expand compressed .dmg file.

5. Choose the .dmg Image and click "open".

6. Type the filename for the uncompressed .dmg and press "Save".

!!!!! The System looks like its freezed, but its NOT! Dont Panic, this will take around 40 minutes depending on your System Specs !!!!!

7. After the decompression is done, click tools -> Disk/CD/DVD Image -> Write Image to CD/DVD

8. Select your UNCOMPRESSED .dmg file.

9. Wait :construction: (Took me around 30 minutes)

10. Finished!

Tell me if it worked for you :P

greetings

Christian

P.S: TransMac is really great, if you like it (And you will ^^) buy it.

Hi everyone!

After a lot of research I finally found the solution for my problem: Burning DMG in Windows [xp]

1. Get TransMac, the Demo is fully working, so there is no cracking needed for us. (http://www.acutesystems.com/tmsetup.exe)

2. Install and Start TransMac.

3. Click continue.

4. Click Tools -> Disk/CD/DVD Image -> Expand compressed .dmg file.

5. Choose the .dmg Image and click "open".

6. Type the filename for the uncompressed .dmg and press "Save".

!!!!! The System looks like its freezed, but its NOT! Dont Panic, this will take around 40 minutes depending on your System Specs !!!!!

7. After the decompression is done, click tools -> Disk/CD/DVD Image -> Write Image to CD/DVD

8. Select your UNCOMPRESSED .dmg file.

9. Wait :construction: (Took me around 30 minutes)

10. Finished!

Tell me if it worked for you :P

greetings

Christian

P.S: TransMac is really great, if you like it (And you will ^^) buy it.

Hell yes,if this is working,I can go back to Compressed dmg's again.This would be awesome.

Someone please test

40 minutes to decompress and save and then 30 minutes to write. And it creates an uncompressed DMG (4 GB) alongside the compressed DMG (3 GB), so you have two large files.

Uncompressing a zipped iso would still result in two large files (3 GB zipped iso + 4 GB unzipped iso), but a zipped iso is easier to handle and is compatible across Windows/Linux/MacOSX

The difference is, an ISO Image is larger than a compressed dmg, even the zipped ones. This can be just some hundred MB, but for people who are dl'ing at ~20kb/s (me for example, a reason why i hate torrent) its a huge difference to download 2 or 3 hours more.

• 5 years later...