Desktop Intel HD 3000 Graphics

Guest ricoc90

101 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

Are you sure you can used the second screen, because I have to do this but the screen its snot usable in the second screen

its only a Picture like you, the Dock is not coming in the second screen?

It is usable, see video  :thumbsup_anim: 

The left display is the GT 710, the right display is the HD 3000 

I see your Uper bar its Scramble distostioning like me :(

Hope that work with the GT 710 I revive the card new week express delivery  :thumbsup_anim:  :hysterical:

It's because the display only gets active when the mouse is there.

The dock only stays on the primary display,  you need to "swipe" your cursor two times at the bottom of the screen to make the dock appear on your other display:

Your PCIe card is Connect to the Blue slot ?

Yes, I can try the other port for you if you want?

Your not have applying DSDT patch ? I ses Intel Video HD 3000 again in your Picture screen :blush:

Nope, at this moment I only have Inject Intel = True in config.plist  :yes:  

I only renamed _SB/PCI0/GFX0 to IGPU and PEG0 to GFX0 in DSDT, but it was working fine with the default names too

It turned out that the issue of "Intel HD-video" showing instead of "Intel HD Graphics" is a language problem... When I change the language of the OS to English the igpu is shown correctly  :lol:

It is usable, see video  :thumbsup_anim: 

The left display is the GT 710, the right display is the HD 3000 

It's because the display only gets active when the mouse is there.

The dock only stays on the primary display,  you need to "swipe" your cursor two times at the bottom of the screen to make the dock appear on your other display:

Yes, I can try the other port for you if you want?

Nope, at this moment I only have Inject Intel = True in config.plist  :yes:  

It turned out that the issue of "Intel HD-video" showing instead of "Intel HD Graphics" is a language problem... When I change the language of the OS to English the igpu is shown correctly  :lol:

Ok so its  not my blue PCIe Port the issue its the Graphics card  :wink_anim:

The GT 710 not need Web Drvers?

Guest ricoc90

Ok so its  not my blue PCIe Port the issue its the Graphics card  :wink_anim:

The GT 710 not need Web Drvers?

Nope, I never used them. I'm not using them on High Sierra either, the card works OOB but like I said, not on imac10,1 -> imac12,1. 

If you really want to stay on imac12,1 you can use the board-id from imac13,1

Nope, I never used them. I'm not using them on High Sierra either, the card works OOB but like I said, not on imac10,1 -> imac12,1. 

If you really want to stay on imac12,1 you can use the board-id from imac13,1

I have a SMBIOS iMac 13.1 ready for message and FaceTime  :D

Guest ricoc90

I have a SMBIOS iMac 13.1 ready for message and FaceTime  :D

Good  :thumbsup_anim: 

Well, I've never had issues with iMessage and FaceTime... I switched SMBios many times, but always kept the same serial and MLB  :lol: 

Good  :thumbsup_anim: 

Well, I've never had issues with iMessage and FaceTime... I switched SMBios many times, but always kept the same serial and MLB  :lol:

I like always better than everything is clean :wink_anim:

Works fine on DP. VGA needs binary patch so not tested

Ioreg and boot log attached  :thumbsup_anim:

Just removed the HD 3000 patch from DSDT, set injectintel to true in config.plist without specifying fakeid and platformid, also works fine. 

I did however rename GFX0 to IGPU and PEG0 to GFX0, but it worked fine with the default names too

your log is not good. did you test test.zip file? i think you test official 4114 file. 

also your ioreg file doesn't have any hd 3000 profile information.

and

75:886  0:000  Finally: ExternalClock=24MHz BusSpeed=99773kHz CPU=3293MHz PIS: hw.busfrequency=96000000Hz

your external clock is not correct. try busspeed frequency 100,000 in config.plist

i saw chris1111's clover log and ioreg. his files are no problem.

i think your setting has some wrong.

Guest ricoc90

your log is not good. did you test test.zip file? i think you test official 4114 file. 

Yep, sorry. I missed the test.zip file  :blush: 

Testing it now, will post IOReg and boot log in a moment

Ioreg and boot log attached. Also bus speed set to 100.000 in config.plist. 

The HD 3000 is under IGPU@2 in IOReg, or what do you mean?

bootlog.log.txt

Optiplex van Rico.zip

Yep, sorry. I missed the test.zip file  :blush: 

Testing it now, will post IOReg and boot log in a moment

Ioreg and boot log attached. Also bus speed set to 100.000 in config.plist. 

The HD 3000 is under IGPU@2 in IOReg, or what do you mean?

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

attachicon.gifOptiplex van Rico.zip

okay. your system is working all good

here is r4115. this include sandy desktop fix on your case like test.zip

no need to set fakeid and ig-platform-id. use only intel inject

enjoy :)

Clover_v2.4k_r4115.pkg.zip

Guest ricoc90

okay. your system is working all good

here is r4115. this include sandy desktop fix on your case like test.zip

no need to set fakeid and ig-platform-id. use only intel inject

enjoy :)

Thanks!  :thumbsup_anim:

Guest ricoc90

So regarding VGA I've made some progress. I am able to boot with both DP and VGA connected on the HD 3000 and DVI on the GT 710.
macOS is seeing all three displays, though the VGA goes in standby as soon as macOS is booted...

post-1502423-0-56953200-1500378967_thumb.png

post-1502423-0-13079100-1500379016_thumb.png

Any ideas? 

The only patch that gives me this result is

Find: 02050000 00040000 07000000
Replace: 06020000 00040000 07000000 

Any other patch results in a black screen on both the DP and VGA port, with none of them being seen by macOS

Update:
When I Unplug the DVI on GT 71 and the VGA on HD 3000, and boot with only  DP, then after boot is completed I plug the VGA in, both DP and VGA on the HD 3000 works after manually detecting the displays but as soon as I plug the DVI back in, the VGA display turns off.

So, in short: 

When I boot with DVI on GT 710 and VGA and DP on the HD 3000 -> no display on VGA
When I boot with VGA and DP -> no display on VGA
When I boot with DP and plug VGA in after boot and manually detect displays -> DP and VGA are working, but when I plug the DVI on the GT 710 back in the VGA goes into stand-by

post-1502423-0-05877900-1500388319_thumb.jpg

I think macOS can't handle it that well either, since the VGA is reported as being the GT 710, while in fact it is the HD 3000:

post-1502423-0-45509600-1500387394_thumb.png

Update 2: DVI, DP and VGA are working as I speak, but I have no idea why  :hysterical: 
I just woke the computer out of sleep and all three displays turned on...

Guest ricoc90

Okay so I've tested some more: I can boot with DVI on the GT 710, and both DP and VGA on the HD 3000. The VGA will go in standby as soon as macOS is booted.
When I log into macOS and put the computer in sleep and wake it up again, the VGA comes up too.

Does somebody have any idea why that is and more important: how i can fix it?

Could you make an intel registry dump from linux for me?

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/using-intel-reg-dumper

I loosiing time to try install the intel tools, thats not working for me in elemtary OS

its a trying build OS , I Remove my original Build in a SSD

Sorry

Guest ricoc90

I loosiing time to try install the intel tools, thats not working for me in elemtary OS

its a trying build OS , I Remove my original Build in a SSD

Sorry

Oh  :( Well, thanks anyway

I'll see if I have a spare pendrive to make a Linux Live USB then  :)

Guest ricoc90

-> In your IOReg. Use IORegistryExplorer.

Example here.

Yes I know, but I wanted to see if an intel registry dump would report the same.

The only patch that gives me output on VGA is 

find: 02050000 00040000 07000000 
replace: 06020000 00040000 07000000 

According to my IOReg, the VGA is on portnumber 8 and the DP is on portnumber 6:

Image%202017-07-21%20at%203.50.09%20PM.p

Image%202017-07-21%20at%203.51.55%20PM.p

So:

VGA:
find: 02050000 00040000 07000000 
replace: 06020000 00040000 08000000 

DP:
find: 03040000 00040000 09000000 
replace: 03040000 00040000 06000000 

Changing the portnumbers doesn't make any difference. With the original portnumbers aswell as the portnumbers reported by IOReg, I'm able to use both DP and VGA simultaneously but I have some issues that I'm trying to figure out:

1. VGA only works when after macOS is booted, I put my system into sleep and wake it up again
  2. After doing as described in 1. the VGA output works, but it looks like the VGA is preventing my system from going into sleep. 

The monitors connected to DVI (GT 710) and DP (HD 3000) will go in standby, but the monitor connected to VGA will stay active as well as the computer itself

3. In About this Mac, the VGA is reported as being on the GT 710 instead of HD 3000. However, this might be just cosmetic

Guest ricoc90

I've tried all the patches you've mentioned, but the only one that seem to work is the one I mentioned in my previous post

With the other patches either the VGA or both the VGA and DP are not recognized by macOS, or it is but the VGA monitor won't get past the apple logo

I wanted to check the pm log for sleep wake actions, but for some reason sleep seems to be working fine now. In the sense of, the system is turning into sleep. DVI and DP both go in standby instantly, after +/- 1 second the VGA goes in standby too and my system goes into sleep. When waking up DVI and VGA turn on instantly, DP needs a little time. I'll need to test it some more, since I don't know why sleep didn't work at first but now it does...

SysProfiler, IOReg and DSDT attached. 

Thanks!

Note: I'm using the SMBios for imac13,1 because on macbookpo8,1 as well as macmini5,1 or imac12,1 my GT 710 is not working. 
I've tried on macmini5,1 and imac12,1 without the GT 710 plugged in, but the result is the same (VGA only comes up after I put the system in sleep). 

Also, SysProfiler reports it correctly, it's jus About This Mac -> Displays that reports the VGA as being on the GT 710:

post-1502423-0-98168700-1500820896_thumb.png

Edit:

Computer runs for a couple of hours now, computer won't go automatically into sleep (VGA stays active), but when I put the computer into sleep manually it works. The log does not mention anything regarding the computer entering sleep (which it does when I put the computer into sleep manually)

Archief.zip

• 4 months later...

I've tried all the patches you've mentioned, but the only one that seem to work is the one I mentioned in my previous post

With the other patches either the VGA or both the VGA and DP are not recognized by macOS, or it is but the VGA monitor won't get past the apple logo

I wanted to check the pm log for sleep wake actions, but for some reason sleep seems to be working fine now. In the sense of, the system is turning into sleep. DVI and DP both go in standby instantly, after +/- 1 second the VGA goes in standby too and my system goes into sleep. When waking up DVI and VGA turn on instantly, DP needs a little time. I'll need to test it some more, since I don't know why sleep didn't work at first but now it does...

SysProfiler, IOReg and DSDT attached. 

Thanks!

Note: I'm using the SMBios for imac13,1 because on macbookpo8,1 as well as macmini5,1 or imac12,1 my GT 710 is not working. 

I've tried on macmini5,1 and imac12,1 without the GT 710 plugged in, but the result is the same (VGA only comes up after I put the system in sleep). 

Also, SysProfiler reports it correctly, it's jus About This Mac -> Displays that reports the VGA as being on the GT 710:

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-07-23 om 16.53.43.png

Edit:

Computer runs for a couple of hours now, computer won't go automatically into sleep (VGA stays active), but when I put the computer into sleep manually it works. The log does not mention anything regarding the computer entering sleep (which it does when I put the computer into sleep manually)

@ricoc90

can you test macmini case?

default option(no fake, no platformid)

macmini5,1

• 2 months later...

i just noticed on my HD 3000 Desktop  H610 with I3-2125 ( minimac5,1) box I am getting small spots and speckles on menu bar and menus etc ? not the more typically black lines or common glithces. i checked on 10.12.6 and 10.13.3 - same thing?. I started using this box again but it did have this about a year ago! Anybody else seen this type of thing lately?

• 2 years later...

Hi,

is the latest Mojave (10.14.6 + Security Updates) still works on HD3000 ?

So far, I boot to a black screen. I can remote login via ssh and reboot, means the computer is not crashed, but no graphics at all.

It a Lenovo X220 with 16GB memory.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, ricoc90 said:

Support for the HD3000 has been removed in Mojave due to the lack of Metal. However, by adding them back you should get it working again.
https://github.com/chris1111/Fix-Graphics-HD-3000-Mojave-10.14

I know. My question was : is this replacement still works with 10.14.6 updated with lastest Security Updates