Backlight Control Sierra 10.12.5 AMD APU

asdfjklsemicolon

1 post in this topic

I have an HP Pavilion 15-p051us laptop that I have set up as a hackintosh. One of the last things I have not managed to get working is the backlight control.

I have tried the ACPI Backlight (and Intel Backlight) method by rehabman (this has worked for some people by using Brightness by bergdesign) but it does not work for me. I have also tried the AppleBacklightInjector method mentioned here as well as patching my own by the method here. So far nothing has worked. I have not gotten a slider in the system preferences nor have I been able to change the brightness with the bergdesign app.

I have used clover's PNLF fix only when the method says to do so (this was always the first thing I checked).

I have attempted to create an IGPU device (yes on an AMD APU) by renaming _SB.PCI0.VGA to _SB.PCI0.IGPU and renaming the sub-device (LCD) to DD01. I also added methods in the IGPU device of my intel hackintosh but the brightness control still does not work with any method.

I have attached the original DSDT (and SSDTs) as well as my modified DSDT (with IGPU, battery fix, and HPET fix).

Is there any known way to control brightness on an AMD system or is there anything else I can try to make this work? Currently I can only use a semi-transparent overlay (brightness slider app in store) to "control" brightness.

origin.zip

patched.zip