syscl

EnableLidWake — fix lid wake issues for Intel Graphics

4 posts in this topic

EnableLidWake.kext provides fix for Intel integrate graphics lid wake issue(enable internal display after sleep). This a Lilu plugin that provides users an alternative way to enable their lid wake after resuming from sleep. 

Support platform: Haswell, Skylake and later on Kabylake...

Usage: Install Lilu.kext + EnableLidWake.kext(and yes, you can inject it through bootloader)

Here's the source code: https://github.com/syscl/EnableLidWake

Here's the pre-built version of EnableLidWake.kext

EnableLidWake.kext.zip

Credit: @vit9696 and his Lilu.kext

Credit syscl for the lid wake patches

Good luck!

syscl

Advertisement

Hi, firstly thanks for this repo.

I saw something not very good though...

1. As for logging, SYSLOG and DBGLOG macro from <Lilu/Headers/kern_util.hpp> have already contained the product name, and therefore it's better not to repeat them.

#define SYSLOG(str, ...) IOLog( xStringify(PRODUCT_NAME) ": " str "\n", ## __VA_ARGS__)

#ifdef DEBUG
#define DBGLOG(str, ...)																\
	do {																				\
		if (ADDPR(debugEnabled))										\
			IOLog( xStringify(PRODUCT_NAME) ": (DEBUG) " str "\n", ## __VA_ARGS__);		\
	} while(0)
#else
#define DBGLOG(str, ...) do { } while(0)
#endif

2. You don't really need any API from <mach/vm_map.h> and <IOKit/IORegistryEntry.h> and thus they can be simply commented.

3. I suppose that only one of these kexts (Azul/SKLFB/KBLFB, etc) will be loaded at the same time, yes, your "break" should prove this true, and I think the whole processKext() can be optimized. (See attachment below)

EnableLidWake-master.zip

Hi syscl, latest EnableLidWake worked for me with latest Lilu, nice job!

Posted (edited)

Hi All

Wake up my system after install thunderbolt card.

If I press sleep button went to sleep after 2 second wake up agan.

Please help for fix this.

Thank you.

Edited by nmano

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JohnCenaTheMemeMachine
      I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
      Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
      Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
      Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
      iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
      https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached
      EFI.zip
    • By Teress
      Hi, I tried during last 4 days almost everything but now I call for help. I have RX560 running on 10.13.4. Previously I was running it on 10.12.6 and had the same problem, but after waking from sleep my thiord display came to life, but it is not working anymore on 10.13.4. Without or with Lilu & Whatewergreen my system correctly recognize my gpu as RX560 but only 2 of 3 displays are displaying content, third display is black but recieving some signal. When I change cabling and connect only two, any combination of 2 displays is working. System profiller and system preferences are sayin I have 3 displays connected.

Please can somebody help me to figure it out?
      Thanks a lot in advance. Tried to upload my ioreg but it is greater than 10MB allowed for me :(

• By wojko
      Hello! I have a problem installation UniBootX bootloader. When I tried start bootloader with pendrive I see only black screen. Any ideas? My config:
      1.Toshiba Satellite U920T
      2.Intel Core i5 3317u with SSE2, SSE3
      3. HM76
      4. Intel® HD Graphics 4000
      5. Resolutons : 1366 x 768
      6. Realtek High Definition Audio
      7.Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230
      8. No DVD
      9. Dysk SSD 120GB AHCI one partition
      10. Mouse USB 3.0
    • By coscos
      I recently set up my hackintosh. Everything else works fine, the only issue is my monitor cannot come back from sleep.
      Symptom: 
      If I click the "sleep" menu manually, the system goes to sleep fine. After the system sleeps for a while (more than a few mins, I guess it's called "deep sleep"), when I try to wake it up, the monitor wakes up but stays black screen. The machine is on. If I leave the system to time out and sleep by itself, only the monitor goes off; when I try to wake it up, same symptom as above.
      What I have tried (but none worked):
      additional boot flag: ngfxpatch=pikera additional boot flag: darkwake = 0 Customize EDID
      Specs:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H BIOS: F16j CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (quad core) Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050 Monitor: Dell P2715Q @ 4k / 60Hz, Display Port Wifi / Bluetooth: BCM94360CS with PCIE Onboard GPU: disabled OS: High Sierra 10.13.3
      Please see attached for following files:
      EFI zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nun37msu9b1bva/EFI.zip?dl=0 I generated my own SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh; Other SSDT patches are copied from this repository: https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77X-UD5H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches ioreg dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5a10k82guczaaws/macchiato.ioreg.zip?dl=0 result from following command: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b22qcw79ovnjdg/kext-touch.txt.zip?dl=0 kextstat|grep -y acpiplat kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu kextstat|grep -y applelpc kextstat|grep -y applehda sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.