Clover ALC892 on B250 help

8 posts in this topic

I made a new budget build with GA-B250M D3H and G4560 and everything works except audio. It works only with VoodooHDA. I would like to make it work with AppleALC or any other "more native" method.

I will try to write all the important information:

I am using Clover 4077 with macOS 10.12.5

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B250M D3H

My device is ALC892 with 6 ports (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink Green, Blue).

It is recognized as HDAS@1F,3 but I can make it appear as HDEF@1F,3 with Toleda's ssdt if necessary.

I do not need HDMI sound at this point, if that is important at all.

What is the best way to make this ALC892 work?I tried many different methods and none of them worked (no output device).

AppleALC.kext 1.1.1 alone in Clover EFI partition gives me kernel panic for some reason.

Scripts audio_cloverALC-120 and audio_pikeralphaALC-120 don't work at all without either HDAEnabler or SSDT. With SSDT or HDAEnabler they succeed but still no output device.

EDIT: And I7ve put it in the wrong place... :wallbash: Moderators, sorry and please move it to the appropriate location.

• Like 1

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin

-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer

-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest! I've collected all the files you asked for:

Morpheus’s iMac.ioreg.zip

origin.zip

Send me Morpheus’s iMac.zip

These are files without any modification made (original AppleHDA, no Clover config edits, no SSDT and no kexts installed). And I do't use DSDT, haven't made it yet, fresh installation.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...