Freeze+Stuck without CPUS=1 (Alienware 15 R1 Early 2015, 4710HQ)

14 posts in this topic

System: Alienware 15 R1 (Early 2015) + Clover r4061

CPU: i7-4710HQ / HM87

Graphics: GTX 970M (Optimus) / Intel HD 4600

Without boot CPUS=1, I will stuck at login screen (after enter password). There is one time I successful booted in, however the GUI is buggy and animated laggy.

What I've done:

-Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs (aisle, MaciASL)

-Native Power Management for Laptops ( ssdtPRGen.sh )

-Lapic Kernel Enabled

The only thing I haven't try is VoodooTSCSync.kext, however from what I've studied from hackintosh forum, it is not suitable to install this for laptop. I've no idea where is the problem/mistake right now. Can somebody please enlighten me? Thanks. :)

Note: I promise you, I never ever edit config.plist with textEditor, I only edit with PlistEdit Pro. Also, I will only edit DSDT/SSDTs in format .asl with MaciASL. 

• Like 1

bro, i think i dont need voodootscsync, intel work native(notebooks LAPIC solve in some cases), i think is a a old video buugy in login screen, if u can try a fresh install...is the best

attachicon.gifVoodooTSCSync.kext.zip

apply the essencial patches in dsdt

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

U disable ur dGPU?

Alienware laptops with Ivy Bridge CPUs and newer have TSCSync problem, trust me on this one

• Like 2

Alienware laptops with Ivy Bridge CPUs and newer have TSCSync problem, trust me on this one

Last night, I tested with VoodooTSCSync with IOCPUNumber=7, and it works perfectly! Four cores, 8 threads running up (confirmed with Activity Monitor). Today, I face booting problem, it shows a lot of "thread 1, thread 2, .... thread 21" then restart. So I keep trying, there is very rare chances able to boot into macOS, and all core running fluent. I tried remove and reinstall the VoodooTSCSync again (Kext Wizard), but it doesn't solve the issue. Any idea? Am I missing some steps for VoodooTSCSyncs?

post-2082497-0-01190700-1494682698_thumb

post-2082497-0-01190700-1494682698_thumb.jpg

Last night, I tested with VoodooTSCSync with IOCPUNumber=7, and it works perfectly! Four cores, 8 threads running up (confirmed with Activity Monitor). Today, I face booting problem, it shows a lot of "thread 1, thread 2, .... thread 21" then restart. So I keep trying, there is very rare chances able to boot into macOS, and all core running fluent. I tried remove and reinstall the VoodooTSCSync again (Kext Wizard), but it doesn't solve the issue. Any idea? Am I missing some steps for VoodooTSCSyncs?

post-2082497-0-01190700-1494682698_thumb

post ur full clover folder here ;)

Remove any patched dsdt and try again, also you have to create an SSDT for your CPU using Pike's ssdtPRGen

All DSDT/SSDT removed. Created new DSDT(removed error) and SSDT(ssdtPRGen). Still same problem as above. I managed to boot in a second time randomly, I use Kext Wizard to check loaded kext, and I saw VoodooTSCSync is running. If I boot in with CPUS=1, I see that VoodooTSCSync not loaded. Is that normal for CPUS=1? Or I'm having problem that VoodooTSCSync won't load during booting.

post ur full clover folder here ;)

As requested. CLOVER attached.

CLOVER.zip

try a simple config with essencial

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

after u edited full DSDT with all essencial patches

It works! After I use your CLOVER file + my own DSDT SSDT, it able to boot in (one-time success). After that, I change back to my own CLOVER file, and it able to boot in every time. Don't understand why, I wish I can have an answer/explanation to this. How come? Why?

Side story: OS X mouse acceleration so annoying.  I installed SmoothMouse to disable it. MUCH better.