USB Port stay on when shutdown PC from Sierra

Bambisbute

47 posts in this topic

Hey !

I got an uncommon problem. When I switch off my PC from MacOS Sierra all my USB Ports stay on (but the computer is off).

The problem does not appear on Windows (that's why I need to reboot the pc into windows and switch off again to shutdown the usb ports).

Any idea of what is going on ? Thanks :)

Mobo : MSI Z170-A Pro

• Like 1

i think that's a feature of the motherboards, and by turn off i'm guessing you mean go to sleep, cause if it's actually off then no operating system is running at all?

Can you test windows and put it to sleep mode? 

• Like 2

i think that's a feature of the motherboards, and by turn off i'm guessing you mean go to sleep, cause if it's actually off then no operating system is running at all?

Can you test windows and put it to sleep mode?

Yes when the pc is really off (no operating system running), the usb port stay on ! That's weird !

run it and post files here, i'll apply other shutdown patch

attachicon.gifRunMe.app.zip

in many cases, simple patch dont solve

Here it is ! :)

Send me iMac de Alan.zip

• Like 1

Very Strange! but shutdown is complete, cooler etc is down?

Actually yes everything shutdown (cooler and fans included), usb ports just stay on ! For example, my mouse / headset and keyboard got led and they remain luminous. I also tried to plug my phone and he was charging.

It happens only two times on windows since november 2016 so this is pretty strange. Bu you are right, it seems that the mobo is maybe a bit bugged or somes options are not correctly check ?

Actually yes there is some new updates for my motherboard (I buy it in november 2016 and didn't make any update) : https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170-A-PRO.html#down-bios

The only update I am worried on a PC is to flash a new BIOS, it can kill the mobo  :rofl:

I found this, I could try http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2937890/z170-usb-ports-powered-shutdown.html

The solution to my question is:

1) Go to BIOS > Advanced > APM configuration > ErP
2) Set ErP to S4/S5
  • Like 1

I was waiting on the post and I realize that they was a page 2. I'm a bit dumb x)

I try !

EDIT : I'm spamming F4 and also try with the help F1 menu (by clicking on F4) and nothing ! Does the files are in FAT or something invisible ?