Intel HD Graphics on intel core i3-540

dimmac15

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Today i installed hackintosh zone 10.12 Mac on my pc, without changing the default settings and just choosing Intel HD Graphics driver (because otherwise it is not loading from thw white screen). After the installation all things were functional but i had a problem with the graphics. The graphics have only 1024x768 resolution available and nothing else. It is also recognized as Intel HD Graphics 3mb. My question is, is there any way of having the graphics to wrok properly?

My pc specs are

Intel core i3-540

DDR3 1333MHz 4GB RAM

If that helps, when i boot from the USB before instalation, it says Intel Ironlake desktop graphics. I don't have a graphics card installed and i am just using the built in one. I could not find the exact model of the built in card for the CPU.

Thanks in advance!

My question is, is there any way of having the graphics to wrok properly?

My pc specs are

Intel core i3-540

DDR3 1333MHz 4GB RAM

Thanks in advance!

@GhostRaider described detailly how to enable QE/CI on Intel HD Graphics 1st Gen under macOS here. Good luck!  :)

Nah mate sorry but it won't work. Ghost Raider says that it only works in laptops, and the logic behind that is good. Apple only uses Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation in their MacBook Pro, so they never used it in a desktop environment and thus never included desktop drivers. As your CPU is the i3 540 I assume you're using a desktop.

So RIP.

Just buy a GT 210 or something.