1 post in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have been working to move my Late 2009 Xserve MacOS Server onto Ubuntu 18.04 LTS QEMU/KVM based virtual machine using OVMF and Clover.
After much effort and testing based on the following information from: Kraxel's, Kholia, Gordon Turner and Clover site:
I have now managed to get OVMF/Clover boot and install of MacOS Sierra.
I started with Ubuntu 16.04 initially but this required download and compile of QEMU to get update of machines to: pc-q35-2.9 or better, so I moved to Ubuntu 18.04, which has pc-q35.2.11 available as standard.
So I am now working with standard Ubuntu 18.04 LTS based systems with following packages: kvm/qemu/libvirt/bridge-utils/ovmf/virt-manager
As I want to use PCIe Passthrough for a number of PCIe card currently installed in the server (SmallTree 10GbE & Areca ARC-1883 SAS RAID) I set up my machine with linux kernel boot configuration (/etc/default/grub) of:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=1 intel_iommu=on" (as my machine is intel VT-d based HW virtualisation)
This resulted in creation of a number of iommu groups (see /sys/kernel/iommu_group directory for this and this posting for information: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/ubuntu-17-04-vfio-pcie-passthrough-kernel-update-4-14-rc1/119639 , noting that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has kernel version: 4.15.0-22-generic so there is no need to do kernel update for iommu to work).
Using bare minimal Clover config.plist:
And following Clover UEFI drivers:
I can boot MacOS, but it is very very slow... it sits on the apple boot logo for over a minutes before finally moving onto the progress bar.
The other problem I have is that no PCI or Network devices appear in the "About This Mac" System Information Report and I cannot get any network connectivity from bridged E1000 network device.
Here is my virtlib.xml dump for the virtual machine:
Can any one advise of whether I need to update the CLOVER config.plist to add extra items in to allow network and PCI Passthrough to work.
Use this thread to link / talk about of the future Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra.
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.02.02.25f08 --> build 16G1314 (thanks to BreBo) New!
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.02.02.25f07 --> build 16G1314 (thanks to haring)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.25f06 --> build 16G1212 (thanks to WeBeRiO)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.25f04 --> build 16G1114 (thanks to lukazm)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.25f03 --> build 16G1036 (thanks to Gradou)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.25f01 --> build 16G29 (thanks to Badruzeus)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.15f01 --> build 16F73 (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.05f02 --> build 16E195(thanks to crachmaster4999)
Nvidia Web Driver - 378.05.05.05f01 --> build 16E195 (thanks to Moviemakergr) Pascal support!!!
Nvidia Web Driver - 3184.108.40.206f01 --> build 16E195 (thanks to Lanc)
Nvidia Web Driver - 3220.127.116.11f01 --> build 16D32 (thanks to shatterhenner)
Nvidia Web Driver - 318.104.22.168f02 --> build 16C68 (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 322.214.171.124f01 --> build 16C67 (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 3126.96.36.199b06 --> build 16C60b/16C63a (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 3188.8.131.52f03 --> build 16B2657/16B2659 (thanks to Moviemakergr).
Nvidia Web Driver - 3184.108.40.206f01 --> build 16B2555 (thanks to Moviemakergr)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.05f01 --> build 16A323 (thanks to phi777)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A323 (same driver since DP4/PB3)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A322 (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A320 (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A313a (DP8 & PB7) (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A304a (DP7 & PB6) (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A294a (DP6 & PB5) (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A286a (DP5 & PB4) (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01 --> build 16A270f (DP4 & PB3) (thanks to TheRacerMaster)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b07 --> build 16A254g (DP3 & PB2) (see this post)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b07 --> build 16A238m (PB1) (thanks to Faun)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b07 --> build 16A239j (DP2) (thanks to Faun)
Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b03 --> build 16A201w (DP1) (thanks to Xmedik)
KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.
This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).
Supported cards are:
- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
- sound blaster 512
- sound blaster 256
- other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
- sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
- sound blaster Audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
- Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
- Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)
NOT supported cards:
- Any ISA Sound card
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5 series
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards
- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate chaning and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards for now are limited up to 176,4 khz and because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for supported cards)
- added boot args to manage the driver:
Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x
- created a script file to use with the driver for debug and also installer replacement, it can be also used to unload and reload, replacement of the driver without rebooting
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,
- have audio inputs working,
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/gameport midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
- download from the downloads section: kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01 - external download: https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script): - download: https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip Source code from Git Hub: - github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions
This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.
Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)
It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.
Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]
VMQemuVGA display adapter driver for OSx86 running as a VirtualBox guest. The binary should work on all OSs from Snow Leopard up to Yosemite 10.10. It allows to set different screen resolutions in VirtualBox from System Preferences. The changes I've made to the fork have been minimal.
GitHub project page Binary and source releases Special thanks: