Can't boot to installer on GA X79 - UP4

alayne

17 posts in this topic

Hi folks, 

I am totally at a loss and ready to pay somebody to help if that person even exists.  

Ive tried a lot of stuff and haven't really got anywhere. It has been months, on and off. 

I've followed so many guides and bits of advice that I have totally lost track where I'm at. 

Things are a bit of a mess.

The problem is that the installer either endlessly loops on a bunch of:

"XHC@010000000: AppleUSBHostController: : set PowerStateGated: Going to state 2 failed with 0xe0002bc"

see attached :

Or reboots after: 

"Waiting for remote debugger connection 

kip_poll: no debugger device"

I have tried a few fixes to get USB3 working over the years that may have something to do with the problem, but who knows.  (It still doesn't work)

I run clover and I can't boot to the installer with a bootable USB or directly. 

I'm at my wits end and would love any help I can get.

Thanks. 

post-1345176-0-01234700-1492758729_thumb.jpg

Ok! Big development! 

I managed to boot into the installer with the voodootscsync setting you suggested! Thanks!! 

That's the good news, the bad news is that the usb problem didn't get fixed. The same message as above comes up many times as it loads into the installer.

""XHC@010000000: AppleUSBHostController: : set PowerStateGated: Going to state 2 failed with 0xe0002bc""

Then, of course, there is no working USB in the installer. 

Thanks so very much for your help! 

Do you have any suggestions for the usb problem? I feel like I'm close now! 

u can boot into system after install? if yes send me files

-Post ur full Clover folder with original tables, press F4 in Clover Boot Screen, files generate in Clover/Acpi/origin
-Post Ioreg, extract with Ioreg Explorer
-Run it, post files generate in ur desktop

OK, so a lot has happened. 

Using the EFI folder in the link above I was able to boot into the Sierra Installer with USB working. I installed Sierra without any trouble. I thought everything was solved! 

Unfortunately, now when I try to boot I have a similar problem as when I couldn't boot to the installer. It's a crash which looks very like the one I had at the start which was solved by the Voodoo kext. (see attached.) I have managed to boot to the login screen using xcpm but can't do anything  as I have no USB again. 

It is so weird! 

I have also attached a list of the kexts that were included in the motherboard specific EFI folder from the above link. I have used the whole folder as my EFI. 

Does anybody have any ideas? 

I still have access to my files as I have booted into a cloned disk of my El Cap install. Thank goodness! 

Sorry, I didn't see that you had written back before replying. 

Here are the things you asked for. They are from the cloned El Cap disk I have booted. As I mentioned I am unable to boot into Sierra after the install.

This link is the full EFI folder I have used from the above topic I found. It is prepared for a X79 board. 

https://www.dropbox.... Files.zip?dl=0

Thanks so much for taking the time to help. 

Please let me know If you need anything else. 

post-1345176-0-12436100-1492956228_thumb.jpg

post-1345176-0-83475100-1492956291.png

Send me Mac Pro.zip

Origin Folder.zip

• Like 1

--

Trying again I was able to boot to the login screen. I was even able to get a single USB port working (One that, from experience, tends to work when none of the others do.) When it was trying to log after I entered my password in I got the same panic as before. 

So despite seeming progress, it is the same problem 

- No USB 

- Thread crashing 

Ok, thanks!  Trying now. 

No luck. Updated Clover and same thing. See attached. 

I don't know if I use FakeSMC Sensors. What is that? 

post-1345176-0-01699100-1492998366_thumb.jpg

post-1345176-0-38166100-1492999548_thumb.jpg

• Like 1