please help me fix Brightness Control Nvidia Graphics Only Laptop

onejay09

199 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

added correct pnlf and gfx dsm

added backlight level in config

Archivio.zip

for the script to work you need backlight working first with your other backlight method

make sure display is applebacklightdisplay under Display0, not appledisplay

ie:

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P2@1/IOPP/PEGP@0/NVDA,Display-A@0/NVDATesla/display0/AppleBacklightDisplay

put your applebacklight.kext in vanilla folder

create your applebacklightinjector.kext with this script, install kext

PatchAppleBacklight_v2.zip

Edited by onejay09

I use your dsdt and config.plist ,ioreg show display on applebacklightdisplay under Display0, not appledisplay.

I tried both methods but it does not work, I always have the bar and the key but it does not increase or decrease the brightness. you have other suggestions

for those like me who have the bar / keys and does not work I found this. touch bar disabler. Increase or decrease brightness with the key. control 1 -, 2+ control. works well
now you have to associate with the f5 - f6 keys but I do not know how to do it, I tried karabiner but I can not find it. or with dsdt if someone capable.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, vrondena said:

no, I'm sorry. maybe I have not translated correctly but, as you may have noticed, I am with high Sierra .siri is only on HS,see pictures.

ciao

yet i told you to install the latest lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup and you said it wont work. 

if you have multiple installs of mac os then dont use clover/kexts use /S/L/E OR L/E FOR KEXTS

UPDATE THE KEXTS.

ACPIBACKLIGHT IS BROKEN IN SIERRA 10.12.4 AND NEWER YOU NEED DIFFERENT METHOD.

Edited by onejay09