Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doofitator

Leopard install error launchctl.c:2325

5 posts in this topic

Hi, All.

I tried to post this question on another website (which I will leave unnamed), who apparently do not support OS X Leopard anymore. Thank goodness InsanelyMac does!

Anyway. I'm trying to build my first hackintosh, and as stated, on boot of the OS X Leopard installer, I hit the following error:

Bug: launchctl.c:2325 (23930):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, 0_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1​

(see attached photo. I apologize for low quality image. Best I could get :/)

Booting with -s -v doesn't help. I get to the single user BASH shell, type exit as instructed to boot the system, and hit another hang. I assume it is the same error in the background.

Booting without -v simply shows the apple logo and the spinning loading circle indefinitely.

I am booting on an IBM X41 tablet computer (Screen is dead, however. I have to use VGA.) I am using Chameleon 2.1 r2069, and my boot disk is a USB which was 'restored' on a MacOS Sierra computer to contain the OS X Leopard install DVD, as well as Chameleon.

Originally, I attempted with A legacy version of an unnamed bootloader, however hit the following:

boot0: GPT
boot0: testing
boot0: error​

Which lead me to change bootloaders to Chameleon.

I had to delete all graphics kexts to get this far, and I have to use a USB keyboard, because the built in one doesn't work past chameleon (I.e. for single user mode).

As far as I'm aware, the BIOS is set up correctly, and the HDD is completely empty. The USB I'm booting with is on an MBR partition scheme, as GUID wouldn't work.

I also tried the Voodoo patched Kernel. No joy.

Finally, I have also attempted the install with OS X Tiger (same method for boot disk). That OS only manages to get as far as Darwin, before crashing.

Specs aren't pretty, but should be able to run Tiger and / or Leopard just fine:

Intel Pentium M LV 758 @ 1.2GHz
512MB DDR2 Ram
1.8" 60GB HDD @ 4200RPM
Intel PRO 2200BG WiFi​
Unlike the reply on the other unnamed website suggests, I know that WiFi and Graphics are both compatible if you poke around enough, because of the following YouTube video, however my VGA prediciment could break the graphics:

Hopefully someone can help with my ancient OS install :/
Hopes aren't high, but anyway.

Thanks in advance.

post-2054355-0-86162400-1491992765_thumb.jpg

Advertisement

Leopard is most definitely the best and latest version you can hope for. However, this is a really low-spec (not to say totally obsolete) laptop and it's highly likely to run like an old dog with that CPU, RAM and HDD (even latest Win XP is bound to run poorly on this). Ideally, you should consider upgrading to 1.5GB RAM (I think it's the X41 max.) + 5400rpm HDD (if that exists for 1.8" models). CPU is however soldered to the motherboard so you can't upgrade or overclock.

You may want to give iDeneb 10.5.x a go to see if this X41 can run Leopard. You'd have to experiment with options though, it's unlikely to be a straight boot to success. Not in my habit to recommend a distro but this is what I started with on my 2005 Dell Inspiron 6000 (Pentium M + GMA900 grahics) before switching to vanilla installations after gathering some experience and knowledge.

Expect no support for the mini-PCI Intel wireless card (OS X has never supported Intel wireless cards). You'll probably have to replace it; for instance, by a supported Broadcom model (e.g.: BCM4318-based cards such as DW1470).

Bottom line really is: is this worth any effort, especially on such an obsolete and broken laptop?

Bottom line really is: is this worth any effort, especially on such an obsolete and broken laptop?

Point taken.

I was planning on upgrading the RAM. Wasn't aware that the Intel WiFi card needed replacing.

I'm really only messing around with this old machine, to see what I can do. Believe it or not, I did get Vista running rather smoothly on this thing, so it has a bit of life :/

I'll take your advice and check out iDeneb. Do you know of anywhere I can get it, or can't you say?

Thanks.

I did a ton of searching, and fount copies of 1.5 and 1.5.1, however every single file I attempted to download (all the way back to 1.2) had either a broken link or was a torrent that hadn't been seeded for 10 thousand years.

Anyway, I've upgraded the RAM to 1GB, and installed windows 7 on it. If iDeneb is the last hope, and it can't be found, then win7 is the best I can hope for.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep looking for an iDeneb *.iso, however somehow I doubt finding anything.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By clockT
      sono un pò arrugginito ..e volevo chiedere un aiuto su come installare opencore anzichè clover. ho provato ma dopo il post installazione riesco solo a far partire catalina tramite pendrive. quale congifurazione sbaglio?
      EFI.zip

• By Andres ZeroCross
      First my Old Threads is here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308178-el-capitan-wih-i7-6700-skylake-gigabyte-ga-z170-hd3-palit-jetstream-gtx960/

My Computer Specifications
      1. Processor : Intel Core i7 6700
      2. Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170-HD3
      3. VGA Card : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5
      4. Wifi Card ; TP-Link TL-WDN4800
      5. PCI-E to Sata = Bafo PCI-e to 2 Sata3 and 2 e-Sata
      6. PCI to USB 2.0 - NEC Chipset
      7. Main Harddisk Harddisk : Fujitsu SSD 120GB + Seagate 500GB that plug into Bafo PCIe to Sata3
      8. Other Harddisk : Natno SSD 12GB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, all of it are plug into onboard Sata Chipset Controller (But Unknow at El Capitan / 10th Intel Chipset)
      9. RAM : Team 3000Mhz 8GB (2x4GB)
      10. Display : Asus VN248H
      11. Clover version : 3280

My Step :
      1. Because Internal Sata Chipset and USB 3.0 are not supported yet, so i clone my Fujitsu 120GB SSD from my Hacbook Asus X455LA that already installed El Capitan Build 15B30a with Carbon Copy Cloner
      2. I use MacPro 6.1 as SMBIOS and use FakeCPUIID of Intel 4790k (0x0306C3)
      3. Remove CPUSensor.kext from "FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins" if you don't do this it will be stuck at ACPI log verbose.
      4. I try boot from USB that already install Clover 3280 and it boot. I use "-v nv_disable=1 dart=0"
      5. Then at desktop, i install nvidia web driver 346.03.02F02 (before that you need to modif it,, use pkgutil --expand bla bla ba,, google it and change required os to "15B" then use pkgutl --flatten bla bla to repackage) then i change info plist from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugin/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/info.plist and change line that contain board-id of MacPro 6.1 from Config2 to none
      6. Then i install that kext,, and restart
      7. i use "-v dart=0 nvda_drv=1 and it will need more time than usual to get login form,, yeah i did it. But there is some bugs

Bugs :
      1. Internal sata is not function
      2. USB 3.0 is error too,,  at verbose i see "error mantisa log"
      3. Sometimes my system get freeze for a few seconds. I thinks this is error from Nvidia web driver,, i see nvdia error log from "sudo dmesg"

At last,, sorry for my bad english
      Thanks

This is for screenshots

I upload my IOREG and DSDT

• By Barry_dhb52
      How to directly boot into  specific volume, for me MACOS,Just like clover DefaultVolume. Thanks 

EFI: https://github.com/dhb52/z370-opencore

BTW, another question. I use Clover install on ssd along with macOS installed.
      And I use a GUID partitioned HHD for TimeMachine backup, which I have my OC EFI installed to boot the same `macOS`.
      by comparing usage of both booters, it seems that when using OC, my Win7(Paralled Desktop 14 vm) uses more memory, 
      by opening Task Manager.

• By DSA2
      Salve a tutti
      Fin' ora non mi sono informato molto su come sistemare il boot , prima schermata di avvio.
      In pratica ogni volta devo spostare con freccetta e selezionare mio Hard disk .
      Allego foto fatte da cell. della schermata boot .
      Bisognerebbe cancellare le entries ?
      E nel caso in cui vorrei modificare la grafica clover ?
      Grazie in anticipo per le delucidazioni.

• By MaLd0n
      ---INSTALLATION TUTORIAL---

---Original Post---
      https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9172

---USB---
      https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/simple-skylake-usb-fix-no-kexts-required/

---CLOVER FOLDER---

CLOVER.zip

--MOBO
      GigaByte Z390 M Gaming

--PROCESSOR
      Intel Core i9-9900K

--COOLER
      CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120R RGB

--MEMORY
      Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB)

--GPU
      Sapphiretech Radeon RX 590 8 GB GDDR5

--SSD
      Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 Flash Drive

--POWER SUPPLY
      EVGA 750 N1, 750W

--WIRELESS
      TP-Link Archer T9E

--BLUETOOTH
      Orico BTA-403

--CASE
      Thermaltake View 21 Tempered Glass Edition

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE 10 ID -DMAC -REMOVE 22K LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM / REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -MIKEY -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -OPERATION REGION GPIO -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

--BruceX--

--USB-C-- test with SanDisk Ultra USB-STICK 128gb

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!