Black screen when I use -v

dsalsa

9 posts in this topic

Any idea of what is going on here. If I boot my Mountain Lion without the verbose mode (-v) all I get is the apple If I use -v to see what is going on, my screen goes blank (black). Have never got the Mountain Lion to boot since I installed it.

Sony VPCL222FX

Motherboard: Sony VAIO; CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz; GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000; Memory: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM; Drives: SATA 3 Gb/s 500 GB, ATAPI DVD RAM; Wireless keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit

Post bootloader and specs, org.chameleon.boot.plist if you use Chameleon or config.plist if you have Clover, also post screenshot of black screen

I tried the GraphicsEnabler boot flag but that didn't work. The boot loader I'm using is Chameleon.  The installer was iAtkos

Sony VPCL222FX

Motherboard: Sony VAIO; CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz; GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000; Memory: 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM; Drives: SATA 3 Gb/s 500 GB, ATAPI DVD RAM; Wireless keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit

iAtkos? Well... you're destined to fail if you use that. Do a vanilla install with a proper version of Chameleon.

• Like 1

I've tried installing 10.12 Sierra using Chameleon, Pandora's Box, Enoch. None seem to work, I can't even get to the install point. I don't think I'm even booting of the stick I'm booting of the boot loader that the iAtkos ML installed when I installed it.

Sony VPCL222FX

Have you tried Clover? The main branch of Chameleon (2.3 svn) doesn't work with anything over Yosemite. Anyway, if you get black screen with -v it's probably a bootloader problem. Try installing the latest version of Chameleon or Clover. Also bear in mind that Intel HD 3000 needs patching in Clover to avoid black screens AFTER boot.

I have tried Clover as well.  Here is the thing I have not been able to even try installing Sierra on my Machine. All the methods I've tried won't boot. The only ones that boot and install successfully are iAtlos 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and iAtkos 10.8 (Mountain Lion). Even though those 2 iAtkos installers installed successfully I was not able to boot any of them after the successful installation.

The fact that those two installations won't boot, I don't really care. My goal is to install Sierra

• 2 weeks later...

Tried another method I found which is specifically for VAIO which is what I've got got but it didn't quite work. For the first time except for the iAtkos I got my machine to boot from the USB I created.

Attached are the first screen when I boot and the second is when I trie to continue 

Sorry about the reflection on the second photo, hope you can see enough of it

by the way that was using Clover

post-411744-0-96398900-1491592812_thumb.jpg

post-411744-0-93695900-1491592841_thumb.jpg