macbook pro, need 10.4 install disk

schmons

6 posts in this topic

I have a MacBook Pro with 10.4.8 currently running but there is a volume on my startup disk that needs to be repaired and I can only do that by using the disk utility in the install dvd. however, my install/restore dvd's are nowhere to be found... I'm trying to partition my hard drive so i can install win xp but I cant until this is fixed... i plan on getting leopard when it is release but this really cant wait until august... dont want to buy tiger just to buy another os a few months later...

after much researching... err i mean downloading, i kind of know what im looking for but i just cant find the right one. and i know what doesn't work on this machine! ppc & x86 :censored2:

could someone point me in the right direction please?

it would be much appreciated :whistle:

I have a MacBook Pro with 10.4.8 currently running but there is a volume on my startup disk that needs to be repaired and I can only do that by using the disk utility in the install dvd. however, my install/restore dvd's are nowhere to be found... I'm trying to partition my hard drive so i can install win xp but I cant until this is fixed... i plan on getting leopard when it is release but this really cant wait until august... dont want to buy tiger just to buy another os a few months later...

after much researching... err i mean downloading, i kind of know what im looking for but i just cant find the right one. and i know what doesn't work on this machine! ppc & x86 :dev:

could someone point me in the right direction please?

it would be much appreciated :whistle:

pirate bay, mac section, near bottom of first page dated October 14th

That is, if you do torrents

I have downloaded this torrent since I also lost my original recovery disks.

Refer to http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303315 to verify the build version is compatible with your macbook pro

An example is http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...30&tstart=0

I have a macbook pro 17" but the restore dvds an apple reseller gave me are build 8I1121...

unfortunalely i need 8I2032 and therefore when booting on the install dvd, i get this message: "Software cannot be installed on this hardware"

I will give the torrent a try later tonight to verify if this build is compatible with my mbp 17"...

anyone else downloaded these dvds and could report the build number ?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no UB for 10.4

The Intel versions are firmware specific. For example, there are two MacBook Pro DVDs, one for 10.4.4 and one for 10.4.6. The newer 10.4.6 disc works on them all, but the 10.4.4 disc only works on the older ones as the new ones refuse to boot on anything older than 10.4.6.