Alienware 15 r2 Dsdt issues

slayer2333

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

So far i was able to correct most errors in my ACPI tables and Sierra is working properly.  However i still have 2 issues:

-I already fixed immediate wake from sleep using Skylake patch for GPE = 0x6D but now i cannot get the laptop to wake from sleep using a remote usb mouse/keyboard.

-The Nvidia HDMI audio is never activated (not even listed in DPCIManager) no matter what i tried. (the intel one is activated without problems). Tried with Toleda but no joy in patching Applehda.  Now suspecting something in the ACPI tables that is preventing it from loading.

Right now i am using a USB-C to HDMI out (USB-C is controlled by the intel graphics, no probleme achieving HDMI audio from there, but still, not as good as the discrete graphics).

Any help ? I attached the original ACPI tables and the Patched ones i am using daily. Also attached IOREG with USB-C attached and HDMI audio working (iMac.ioreg.zip) and the next IOREG is with HDMI video out connected.

Thank you in advance.

post-946790-0-58880000-1485965695_thumb.png

post-946790-0-08451400-1485965744_thumb.png

post-946790-0-37454000-1485965797_thumb.png

Originals.zip

Patched.zip

iMac.ioreg.zip

iMac with HDMI out connected.ioreg.zip

• Like 1

if u remove _PRW methods, yes, u dont wake from usb, no more.

u need fix it without remove _pwr

but in many cases is a long way, many tests and read

attachicon.gifPasta Sem Título.zip

Thanks Maldon, i did first boot with your file and all good so far but still no HDMI audio codec shown or detected (in Ioreg i am seeing both the intel HDMI audio and Nvidia as Onboard-1, probably because of the HDMIAudio.kext.  I will try to change the intel one to Onboard-2 and see how it goes).

As for sleep, i got the immediate wake problem, checked for the reason and it seems to be the Glan device.  I will remove its _PRW method and see if it solves the problem (or if it just hides more potential devices causing wake).

You has full QE/CI with 980M?

I think so, but is there any specific apps that can confirm that on Sierra (back when i had a Fermi card i think that launching Chest game would prove that but not sure).

• Like 2

Thanks Maldon, i did first boot with your file and all good so far but still no HDMI audio codec shown or detected (in Ioreg i am seeing both the intel HDMI audio and Nvidia as Onboard-1, probably because of the HDMIAudio.kext.  I will try to change the intel one to Onboard-2 and see how it goes).

As for sleep, i got the immediate wake problem, checked for the reason and it seems to be the Glan device.  I will remove its _PRW method and see if it solves the problem (or if it just hides more potential devices causing wake).

I think so, but is there any specific apps that can confirm that on Sierra (back when i had a Fermi card i think that launching Chest game would prove that but not sure).

good, put ur patches and solve missing. 

if u remove only in glan, is good. try wake up with usb.