Sierra on Dell Inspiron 15z

firsttimerrss

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am attempting to install my first Hackintosh, and I am encountering significant issues. Currently, I am able to get to the installation screen but disk utility does not recognize (either of) my hard disks. Additionally, my touchpad and keyboard do not work (though my touchscreen does). 

Here are my specs:

System Board: Dell 0knvcw

CPU: intel core-i7 3517U (Ivy Bridge) @1.9 gHz turbo @2.8 GHz

Graphics: Intel HD 4000, Discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 630M

SLI Disabled

Storage: 500 GB Western Digital WDC WD5000LPVT-75G33T0 HDD, 250 GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA (Intel RST mode on BIOS-possibly the source of the problem)

(I am trying to install to the HDD, currently in GUID mode with a windows installation on a ~200 GB partition)

Clover 3974

Boot flags: -v

Kexts: Just FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller by RehabMan (located at Clover/kexts/10.12)

config.plist From RehabMan for HD Graphics 1366x768

I'm a newbie, so if anyone has a possible solution, please be clear on how to do it (i.e. LMK if it's a boot flag, a change to a kext or a change in a .plist).

Thank you!!

I'll see if I can get a mod to move this to the correct part of the forum as this section is for guides, not questions.

That said, my guess is RST is involved - I assume with RST enabled it's putting the SATA controller into RAID mode instead of AHCI mode. I'm not personally familiar with Intel RST modes you control in the BIOS. Both your mSATA card and WD SATA disk are connecting through the same SATA controller.

The device id for Intel Series Chipset 7 SATA (which is in your laptop from what I see) in AHCI mode is 1e03, while in RAID mode it's 1e04 which won't load up the needed kext AppleAHCIPort.kext as a result, which means you won't see any disks listed in Disk Utility. There's a few ways to fix it.

If you want to fix it in the Clover config.plist, you can use the FakeID feature and see if it fixes it. Basically you'll be putting this into the config under its correct place:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
  <key>FakeID</key>
  <dict>
   <key>SATA</key>
   <string>0x1e038086</string>
  </dict>

This can also be done from Clover Configurator.

Another way to fix it is to install AHCIPortInjector.kext: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/436-ahciportinjectorkext/ as that will add 1e04 to the list of device IDs for AppleAHCIPort.kext to load for.

As for keyboard/touchpad support I'm seeing the 15z uses a Synaptics touchpad and the touchpad and keyboard communicate through PS/2 so VoodooPS2Controller should work fine. So something's up with that. Here's a link to the latest kext just in case: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip If it's not Synaptics then that will cause the touchpad to fail, but from what I'm finding from its Windows driver info as well as other 15z hackintosh users, 15z uses Synaptics.