Newly upgraded El Capitan system does not recognize iPhone 5s

José A.

6 posts in this topic

Hi.  I just used the Pandora's Box tool to successfully upgrade my previous Yosemite system to El Capitan.  The system runs fine, but for some reason, it doesn't recognize my iPhone 5s when I plug it into one of the USB ports.  The system recognizes USB disks, and my Deskjet 2600 printer connected via one of the USB ports.  But for some reason it does not recognize the iPhone 5s.  Would someone have some idea as to why the system does not recognize the phone?  Any help appreciated.

What happened is that I upgraded to a new desktop (the new system is reflected in my signature).  My previous system had the following specs: GA-M68M-S2P (rev. 1.0) Motherboard | AMD Athlon II X2 250 CPU | GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2.  When I upgraded to the new desktop, Yosemite failed to recognize the iPhone 5s also so I decided to upgrade to El Capitan to see if that made a difference.  I've never used a DSDT because I didn't want to have to figure out how to do it, but if it's necessary I would use one.  Once I upgraded to El Capitan, I deleted all the kexts that I had installed for the previous system.  Pandora's Box installed a default FakeSMC.kext in /Extra/Extensions and I copied a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions also.  I used Pandora's Box to create a new "org.chameleon.Boot" file; it is shown below (it also created a default kernel.plist file, also shown below).  But I've done nothing more beyond that.  Will I have to create a DSDT?

----------org.chameleon.Boot----------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BlackMode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 dart=0</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SkipIntelGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Pandora</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
--------------------------------------

------------kernel.plist-------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelLapicError</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
--------------------------------------

So I discovered that the problem was the USB cable of the iPhone.  My previous cable stopped working so I began to use one I had in my car to be able to charge the phone in the car.  It seems that that cable is old and the USB connection is not secure so the computer could not recognize it.  I used a new cable and the phone is recognized.  Thanks for helping.

• Like 1