GUIDE: ASUS K501UX El Capitan

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've got EL Capitan working nearly perfect on my system.  I am writing this up pretty fast, so please excuse any errors lol.

Specs: Core i7-6500u, 8GB RAM, GTX 950M (DISABLED), HD52061ZDP-ub2FL._SL1200_.jpg

First of all, this is going to be a pretty basic guide.  I've attached my clover folder with all the essential kexts along with DSDT with proper edits.

What works

-Sleep/Wake

-Trackpad (still a little buggy, specifically with sleep/wake)

-keyboard as well as backlight

-Wlan

-sandybridge power management native

-GPU acceleration HD520

-Audio with VoodooHDA

To start out with I recommend changing the Wi-Fi chipset in your laptop to a broadcom m.2 variant that is supported.  Also, be sure to switch SATA Mode to AHCI in Bios.  Trackpad was one of the hardest things to get working due to it being an I2C device.  Getting this to work required DSDT edits.  There is currently a kernel extension being developed called VoodooI2C. I've compiled the latest build of this and have included it in the download.  I will upload my Clover folder for you guys to use, I have applied all the necessary DSDT patches.  I have not had a whole lot of luck getting Sierra to work, but if one of you figures out a way be sure and comment to let us know how.

CLOVER.7z

• Like 2

• 1 year later...