ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI - memory recommendation

5 posts in this topic

Looking for recommendations for memory for this motherboard

Thinking of this from Crucial - CT2KIT6464AA667 - DDR2 PC2-5300 • CL=5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR2-667 • 1.8V • 64Meg x 64

This is a 1 Gigabyte kit (2 pieces)

If you have this motherboard, please let me know what you are using and how is performance

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Not a response to your question, nyjets12, more a heads-up. I'm trying to build a system around the Asrock 945G-DVI but seem to have problems with my Corsair memory sticks (XMS2 Twin 2x2048 5400 C4). The motherboard doesn't seem to recognise them and on power up I just get a single, short beep with no VGA output to the monitor. I suspect it's a memory compatibility issue, but I'm too new to this to be sure. Nor do I have any known-good memory sticks lying around to check it with.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had trouble fitting memory to this motherboard...

Not a response to your question, nyjets12, more a heads-up. I'm trying to build a system around the Asrock 945G-DVI but seem to have problems with my Corsair memory sticks (XMS2 Twin 2x2048 5400 C4). The motherboard doesn't seem to recognise them and on power up I just get a single, short beep with no VGA output to the monitor. I suspect it's a memory compatibility issue, but I'm too new to this to be sure. Nor do I have any known-good memory sticks lying around to check it with.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had trouble fitting memory to this motherboard...

This is what worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...