[HowTo] Install on an Intel D102GGC2 MoBo

Vieux Lyon

16 posts in this topic

Hello:

After days and days of research, I was able to have a fully functional OS X installation on my Intel D102GGC2 Motherboard.

Here are some tips and conclusions for those how want to give it a try. This is not a detailed "how-to" for newbies, just some recommendations and tricks, specially for making the HDD controller work at a decent speed and for enabling the audio:

1. I've tried 5 different distributions. If you want to have a 90% functional system (I could not achieve 100%) I recommend installing "Myzar 10.4.5". When installing, select the 10.4.5 Update.
  2. In order to be able to boot the CD, you need to completely disable USB on the BIOS. If you want you can later remove the two IOUSB*.kext extensions and switch it back on. You won't be able to use USB on OS X but yes on Windows.
  3. The onboard ethernet card works correctly with Myzar 10.4.5 but not with newer JaS installations.
  4. I did not tried a SATA disc, just an old IDE one. To give your system a HUGE performance boost, just overwrite the IOATAFamily extension with the one on JaS 10.4.6 Installation CD (inside the Essentials.pkg file; extract with Pacifist).
  5. To enable the sound, just replace the the ID's in AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (0x10ec0883 and 0x437b1002, search though the forum for detailed explanations). In order for the extension to work correctly, you need to edit the IOAudioFamily extension and remove the USB dependency line.

Hope this helps :) and saves you from hours and hours of research.

• 4 months later...

I had similar results with my D102GGC2 Mobo with the 10.4.6 Goatsecx dvd. The two problems I ran into is Although my PS2 keyboard and mouse are functional, somtimes when I boot theyre not recognized so when I type or try to move the mouse nothing happens. Other times it boots and they work but if I press the Caps Lock key more than 2 or 3 times it freezes and stops responding to the keyboard and mouse. I also cant get it to boot with USB enabled in Bios. Ive tried enabling and disabling Legacy to no avail. Everything else seems to work right out the gate the sound, onboard video, and dvd burner (lite on) are all fully functional. Are you having the same problems with the ps2 keyboard? Im going to try the latest Jas release with all the patches and see if I have any luck.

JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskut

Ill get back to you with my results

Yes, it happens from time to time, I turn on the machine and the mouse is not detected but that is solved just by rebooting. So you say that with that distribution everything is working, good, I'll give it a try. Did the onboard networking card work out of the box or did you have to use any old drivers? What about the performance, is it good?

Ya the onboard lan is fully functional everything works 100% except the ps2 issue and usb video and sound were also fine out of the box. I want usb support si Im still hunting for a solution. And the ps2 thing is pretty annoying when your trying to type document or post to forums. Im going to try the new Jas .iso over the weekend. well it runs pretty smooth but its not as fast as I would like but that probally because OSX is a more ram dependednt OS to begin with and I dont have alot of memory I have a 512MB and 128 is used for the x200 graphics.

Edited by DRKRONNIN

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, I know that the only differ in the DDR module but I've read several reports saying that JaS 10.4.5 works with sound and ethernet out of the box on D101GGC and I tried JaS 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 on my 102GGC2 and I can guarantee you that neither sound nor onboard network work.

On the other side, on my Myzaar 10.4.5 I could make both sound and ethernet work but with some tweaking.

any update on USB,

i m waiting for that...., havnt got a ps2 mouse

:EDIT

finally got a PS2 Mouse

disabled USB completely

booted with Jas 10.4.7 DVD

Got the Installer Screen

But the SATA HDD is no being recognized

so no HDD in Disk Utility

How to add SATA support ???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone know any solution ?

iam still stuck at the installer window with my sata HDD :censored2:

EDIT:

manged to install it 2 my HDD partition thru VMware

edited some kexts to get (tweaking Serverworks SATA driver info.plist) it working natively

but the probled is that after reboot , still stuck at waiting for boot device

So I had to delete Extensions.mkext & extensions.kextcache on every reboot (make automator workflow)

Still no working soln. for getting USB & Sound ??

any idea ??

• 3 months later...

I have this mobo, with a pentium d processor, I have working the sound with alc883 realtek drivers, and finally after months of researching :huh: usb 2.0 works, you need disable all the usb ports in the bios, buy a cheaper usb pci card with 4 ports, update the system and got it!!

Hope it helps

sorry for the spanglish :P

pabs :devil:

I have this mobo, with a pentium d processor, I have working the sound with alc883 realtek drivers, and finally after months of researching :) usb 2.0 works, you need disable all the usb ports in the bios, buy a cheaper usb pci card with 4 ports, update the system and got it!!

Hope it helps

sorry for the spanglish :P

Thats a pretty good idea, which one did u buy? you could just use the wiki and narrow the cheapest one thats supported pop it in and be done with it. You can get some for as little as 9.99 from newegg.com.. There arent many users for this board (or coders interested in writing a kext) so this might be your best bet. Im not really pursuing it anymore because I plan on building a new PC soon anyway..

DRKRONNIN

Thats a pretty good idea, which one did u buy? you could just use the wiki and narrow the cheapest one thats supported pop it in and be done with it. You can get some for as little as 9.99 from newegg.com.. There arent many users for this board (or coders interested in writing a kext) so this might be your best bet. Im not really pursuing it anymore because I plan on building a new PC soon anyway..

DRKRONNIN

I’m using a PCTronic pci card usb 2.0 4 ports via, model ck0001 a/c

cheers :beer: