Unable to Install OSX

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am having two laptops. Lenovo N100 3000 and Fujitsu a514. I tried installing OSX but getting boot failure. I tried by burning DVD on imac and burning USB via transmac and win32imager.

I am sing same Bios setup which I use to do with Windows and Linux.

My DVD and usb are recognised as OSX on MAC as well as Linux.

What mistake I am doing?

Thanks,
Sabu

My laptop are having windows. No boot loader other than what Windows had provided. One laptop I guess it is using grub. Do I need to have different bootloader?

My understanding was by burning dmg on USB/DVD and setting option under BIOS to USB/DVD as first boot, it will boot in mac.

Let me know if I am wrong.

My laptop are having windows. No boot loader other than what Windows had provided. One laptop I guess it is using grub. Do I need to have different bootloader?

My understanding was by burning dmg on USB/DVD and setting option under BIOS to USB/DVD as first boot, it will boot in mac.

Let me know if I am wrong.

This way it will only boot on a real Macbook. You need to use Clover to install it on x86-64 PC. Also make sure that you have a 64-bit PC and Disk Controller supports AHCI. 

First you need to know your hardware.

Refer to this thread.

Thanks for reply. Now my doubts are getting cleared. In past when I was having no OS on Fujitsu, I used Transmac to make usb bootable and install. But that time also I got boot failure. I installed ubuntu only for boot loader on one laptop and no  success.

Do I have to install boot loader on USB drive or on my PC running windows? If on PC which one grub/Clover/chameleon. I can find grub for windows.

If I have to make it on USB how can I do it without Mac as I am not having Mac. 

If you can give me some link, pls do so as I will read and try. incase to failure or success I can post results for other novice users like me.

I can boot VMware machine with one ISO but can't boot my laptop. Is there any difference in booting.

I used boot disk utility to make bootable usb but it partitions usb. second partition i installed iso which boots vmware but BIOS is not accepting.

I installed easybsd but its not booting from that too.

Any suggestion.

You are mixing up a lot of things. Grub/Clover/EasyBCD. For now, stick to one tool. 

You need to prepare, a Mac OS X Installer USB, and a bootloader, preferably Clover.

First tell me, which version of OS X are you going to install ?

Second, which PC / Notebook do you have ? Is it UEFI Supported or BIOS-Only PC ?

Third, do you have access to any other Macbook, or may be a VM running Mac OS X ? 

I don't have access to Mac. VMware image doesn't gets loaded on my computer. Virtual box image gets loaded but donot recognize USB. I can arrange mac but it will take time.

I am ready to forget all boot loaders. I tried all these  because I read people using these to boot.

Any OSX I am ready to install, only condition it should install.

I am having Lenovo N100 3000 and Fujitsu A514 life book. I guess both donot support UEFI boot. They are bridged (I read it on internet)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply. I got working copy of OSX but it's not booting from HDD, I have to insert OSX bootable usb. Also I can't access internet wifi/ethernet both. I had installed it on fujitsu a514. my windows bios mode is uffi

Okay, so you have installed a copy of OS X on your HDD right ? but you cannot boot from HDD, and can only boot from USB right ?

Which version of OS X have you installed ? and which bootloader do u have on your USB ?

From this information, I can guide you how to install the bootloader on HDD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how can i will be able to dual boot from hdd? I tried a lot but no fruitful result. Even my ethernet/wifi not working. My display card is shown as having 4 mb ram. it flickers on chrome. many issues ;) no solution :angel:

In order to Dual boot, u need to have Clover installed. Install Clover first.

Display Card showing 4 MB RAM, mean your Graphics Kext is not working

To fix the Graphics issue, u first need to tell the version of your Intel HD Graphics. 

On your Microsoft Windows, 

right click 'This PC' -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> and then check the version of Intel HD Graphics.

Based on this version u will install the appropriate Kext.