SMBIOS for Core2 Quad Q9550?

LockDown

9 posts in this topic

Cool that I have found this thread guys!

I am on L5430 (C2Q Xeon) myself on P5Q board and thinking about proper SMBIOS model for 10.12

As I see 10,1 would be definitely more bulletproof since C2D in those iMacs support same or less instructions compared to my CPU. 14,2 on the other hand is much newer processor with those new fancy AVX and other new instruction sets that C2Q just doesn't have.

Then 2 more considerations:
1. iMessages — will my iMessages work fine after I change model without changing serial and MLB? Won't it trigger any security concerns on Apple side?

2. WiFi — I've ordered Continuity supported BCM94431(from 2012 retina macbook pro) with PCIe adapter from eBay (pretty cheap I must say — 22$ for both). Will it work OOB on iMac10,1 model or I will need a patch it after every update?

Can you answer any of these?

Hi ellaosx, i'm currently using an iMac 14,2 smbios for my Core2 Quad Q9300 and it seems it's working fine! Power management works like on Mac Pro 3,1 and also sleep isn't affected...

cheers

attachicon.gifSchermata 2016-09-25 alle 21.47.49.png

About 10,1 smbios... probably it works too and both without issues...if you want I can make a test.
About FaceTime issue...prior to install Mac OS sierra (from El Capitan) and make changes to the smbios definition I have made a backup of the old parameters (just for safety)... then with clover configurator I have changed ONLY the smbios part with the automatic wizard tool included.

I have then replaced only the new serial with my "old" one. Also make sure that the MLB isn't changed after all... (must be your previous one).
By doing this now on system profiler macOS detects that I have a macpro 3,1 (because it follow the serial number) and on Apple Store it detects an iMac 14,2 and it allows you to download Mac OS sierra and proceed to the installation.
For now all is working perfect.

post-449896-0-72356700-1474917589_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi!

I came from El Capitan with SMBIOS MacPro3,1 on a P5Q (Core2Duo SSE4.1) and it works like a dream.

With Sierra and the SMBIOS iMac14,2 it works, but i lost the cpu-powermanagement.

So, i edit the plattform.plist and got Sierra working as a MacPro3,1, like with El Capitan before.

:)

Greets.