Where to even start.. HP DV7-6c95dx Please help!

kokomokid

6 posts in this topic

I am interested on installing OS X on my DV7-6c95dx.
There are so many options available Im not even sure where to start honestly..

I have readed the Pinned post about checking my hardware and comparing it to the list but I still cannot find any of my hardware on the list or Im not using it right..

Here is my hardware

Chipset: Intel HM65 C200 Series
Processor: Intel Core i7 2670QM
Ram 8GB
Graphic: Intel HD Graphic 3000
Wireless Card: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150

Im unsure what version of OS X would be best for my hardware or if it is even possible to run OS X on my hardware.

Thanks SO MUCH for your help in advance!

Sorry I know im a noob :/

I found this.. Looks promising.. Any input on this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289883-hp-laptop-dv6-6xxx-dv7-6xxx-os-x-109-mavericks-and-1010-yosemite/

Thank you Allan. The problem I am having now is that I do not have access to an OS X system.. I am trying to get a Installation USB together... I put Yosemite Zone onto a USB drive via Transmac however it got stuck at a flashing cursor after selecting Boot from USB on the Hardware mentioned above.. However it DID boot clear thru on another PC I have but I didnt install it on there... Now I know Yosemite Zone isnt really supported here but I just tried it out first since I could use Transmac instead of having to make the USB from an OS X install.. Any suggestions on where to start to get OS X up and running on my hardware? Thanks SO much in advance!