There is no 8.x ( with pascal support) Beta which works under

OsX, macOS either.

GM is out but CUDA - no chance at the moment,

Either metalApi support which causes kernel panic with

Adobe stuff and makes trouble for drawing transparency

In Finder...

Problem is the Nvidia webdriver does not change features it still says 5b

I tested OpenCL with Luxmark and it works but no CUDA as in Blender Cycles

Well we start to hate Apple and not Nvidia ...

They have no ambition to make a good OpenGL/Vulcan/CAD/videoFX OS platform ...

And I think Autodesk will not give us MetalApi Maya soon as promised ...

It's an old known issue.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite-update-09022016/?p=2080322

EDIT:

installed CUDA 8.0.29 in Sierra GM unfortunately CUDA still not working

We must return to the era of Yosemite

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/254370-cuda-z-infobench-nvidia-only-updated-dec-2015/?p=2072330

Edited by fantomas1

let me see if i can explain something here, the last public official release is 7.5.30 , so i created a cuda zone developer account so i can download release candidate 8 which is currently on version is 8.0.29 , ok so far so good. but then i went to open source packages and they got some more releases up to version 8.0.47 unfortunately they are in this format src.tar.gz "source" so i don't know how to compile it. if anybody knows how to compile the file to a package or knows how to install it to the system from source please tell me so i can upload the file so we can test it. my apologies for my broken down english i hope you understand thank you

I am also with CUDA 8.0.29 nothing changed no support for CUDA apps like AA and Resolve, also when lunching CUDA-Z the app crashed

I will try the new build to see if any change

An official statement from Nvidia about CUDA support:

In order to run macOS Applications that leverage the CUDA architecture of certain NVIDIA graphics cards, users will need to download and install a compatible CUDA driver. CUDA driver which supports macOS Sierra 10.12 will be available at a later date.

• Like 1

Nvidia has just released Cuda 8.0 for WIndows & Linux - P100 & GP100 have native support on it.

Still nothing yet for Sierra. As the native support of P100 (Tesla) & GP100 (Pascal) is one of the major features of Cuda 8.0, maybe Nvidia will add that support in the next web driver???  :)

Nvidia has just released Cuda 8.0 for WIndows & Linux - P100 & GP100 have native support on it.

Still nothing yet for Sierra. As the native support of P100 (Tesla) & GP100 (Pascal) is one of the major features of Cuda 8.0, maybe Nvidia will add that support in the next web driver???  :)

Cuda 8.0.47 for Mac available here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads

Maybe Pascal works now?!

• Like 2

Cuda 8.0.47 for Mac available here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads

Maybe Pascal works now?!

Pascal support has nothing to do with Cuda driver - Cuda 8 supports Pascal since RC release but if Web Driver does not support Pascal, Cuda 8 will not work.

Now hope Nvidia will add Pascal support in the next Web Driver.   ;)

• Like 1

I installed the latest version from post 27 but following the Cuda Installation guide there is something wrong:

(I have xcode 8.0 with all the additional tools)

I get this:

vcc warning : The 'compute_20', 'sm_20', and 'sm_21' architectures are deprecated, and may be removed in a future release (Use -Wno-deprecated-gpu-targets to suppress warning).
nvcc fatal   : The version ('80000') of the host compiler ('Apple clang') is not supported

Else,  my version is 8.0.46 and not 8.0.47 is this normal ?

post-305243-0-96388000-1475269406_thumb.png

Thanks for your thoughts !

I don't know if this is relevant but my OpenGL tests with on the same machine

different the versions of Cuda drivers give # results:( 7.5.30 at the left and 8.0.46 right)

post-305243-0-26485000-1475325390_thumb.png  post-305243-0-11140000-1475325408_thumb.png

i have CUDA support right now , i just installed the new version and ran CUDA-Z and it works, here is the proof, i'm running Sierra official version, the available version is 8.0.46 not 8.0.47 also it didn't got the upgrade error that i previously had with version 8.0.29 and that panamamax mentioned in post 30, but i didn't have to do anything. i though that i had to do the process that fantomas1 told me earlier in post 10 all over again because of what panamamax mentioned but i didn't need to. most likely is because i'm running the latest version of web drivers, panamamax compare your web driver version with mines and you will see the difference. so the wait is over we finally got CUDA support.

Cuda-Z version 0.10.251 and 0.11.259 don't work for me !

But I don't think this means there is no Cuda support !

kextstat | grep -i cuda

151    0 0xffffff7f81f5a000 0x2000     0x2000     com.nvidia.CUDA (1.1.0) DD792765-CA28-395A-8593-D6837F05C4FF <4 1>

are you using the latest version of clover?  

are you using the latest official version of sierra web drivers?

do you need to add the new nvidia parameter to clover?

did you remove the old Nvidia nvda_drv=1 flag from clover flags section? 

do you have SIP disable?

sorry almost forgot, did you disable gatekeeper to allow apps from anywhere

are you using the latest version of clover? Yes. 

are you using the latest official version of sierra web drivers? Yes.

do you need to add the new nvidia parameter to clover? No.

did you remove the old Nvidia nvda_drv=1 flag from clover flags section? Yes.

do you have SIP disable? Yes.

sorry almost forgot, did you disable gatekeeper to allow apps from anywhere Yes.

sudo spctl --master-disable

My Octane bench:

Octane version: 2.17   Operating system: Mac OS X 10.12.0 64-bit Devices:  

GeForce GTX 970

Total score 79.774727

• Like 1

now back to you ROBASEFR.

i have 2 identical nvidia 970 while we all know that we don't have SLI support for games on mac 

we do have support for muti GPU in rendering apps like Final Cut Pro and/or Compressor,

i can render twice as fast than a single 970 GPU

i wanted a 980 but since i already had a 970 i decided to get another 970 because 2 970's are faster than a single 980

look at the results, they use a 980 to measure Octane bench

so the results are based on a comparison with a 980 

also remember that we are running the benchmark on os and if we run the benchmark in windows the results are going to be a bit higher 

we are getting around 30% less performance on mac os due to the fact of the old OpenGL and OpenCL drivers that apple uses

if you look at OpenGL or OpenCL extension viewer you will notice that apple is a few version behind windows

if i remember correctly 

Windows OpenGL = 4.5

Apple OpenGL = 4.1

Windows OpenCL = 2.1

Apple OpenGL = 1.2

and don't think that i like windows i hate windows but this is the part that apple needs to fix

​they need to update OpenGL and OpenCL, so we can have the same or close to the same graphics performance that we get on windows

anyway this is my score

Yes my single GTX970 results in octane bench are also compared to GTX980 ( about 85%)

Yet no explanation for CUDA-Z 0.10.251 and 0.11.25 not working !....

I have also a little benefit in Open GL viewer testing with latest cuda from 600 to 650 fps

edit

also try cleaning your cache maybe you use the beta version of CUDA-Z before you installed CUDA 8.0.47 and since that version crashed, that probably created a problem that now the official version of CUDA-Z can't open now either even that you have CUDA 8.0.47 already installed

you can use sierra cache cleaner free trial and use the option to clean the cache , use deep cleaning then try to run CUDA-Z official version again, don't use the latest beta. 

It was indeed a cache problem ! Thanks  :thumbsup_anim:    CUDA-Z 0.10.251 is working now.

post-305243-0-36665300-1475601472_thumb.pngpost-305243-0-84886900-1475601493_thumb.pngpost-305243-0-94002000-1475601524_thumb.png

• Like 1