GTX670 OpenGL Problem.

ileikcaek

3 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I decided it was time to get back into hackintoshing, I have been out of the loop for a couple of years now.

Last time, I was using Yosemite. I remember my OpenGL support being at least as full as OS X offered, I booted with chameleon back then.

Now I am of course booting with Clover and I am just getting used to how it works.

First I was booting with iMac 14,2 and I realised that my GTX 670 was only running at OpenGL 2.1. I thought maybe it was the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS but I also tried with Mac Pro 5,1 which I have at least used in the past with Mavericks/Yosemite but this also resulted in the same maximum of OpenGL 2.1. I have also tried Nvidia web drivers thinking it may be that but it still doesn't work.

Here is the Summery page under compatibility.

NaBMnNP.png

Here is the OpenGL compatibility page:

KKgFVXP.png

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or what the issue could be?

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Switch to from Compatibility to CORE in the head tap setting (second from the left).

Then you see which OpenGL features above 2.1 are available. Also the Summary info changes from 2.x to 4.x Driver - if your card can handle it.

So all OK! 

my gpu alkso would NOT show  2.1++ features if i use Compatibility vs CORE - thats normal and doesnt matter OS X version (10.x+) .

post-110586-0-00239500-1471081524_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mitch.

I was wondering about Minecraft. It seems it is the game code rather than MacOS because it's stuck in OpenGL 2.1 mode, it appears to think that is the maximum supported (runs in 4.5 mode under windows). The developer appears to have no intention of fixing that.

It's pretty poor form, how slow Apple is at supporting newer OpenGL features. 4.5 is the latest, one would think they would update sierra for that. I suppose they only care about the Metal API now, which is of course very good.