Need Help w/ MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX i7-4790

10 posts in this topic

Hi I need some assistance in helping a friend set up her computer as a Hackintosh, I have previously done a couple of these before but always with Gigabyte motherboards and haven't had any major issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend bought this computer from Cyberpower PC and the following are it's specs

CPU: i7-4790 3.6 GHz

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX (Believe it's this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130779&cm_re=MSI_Z97_PC_MATE_ATX-_-13-130-779-_-Product)

SSD: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO

and a 2nd one for Windows and storage 1 TB Sandisk X400

Memory 16 GB 8x2 ADATA XPG V3

Video Card GTX 960 4 GB Zotac

Wireless Gigabyte 802.11AC Wifi Bluetooth Combo PCIE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is what I've tried so far

- I downloaded OS X 11.11.6 from the Mac App Store

- Tried to use both Pandora and El Capitan V7 of the Clover installer to create a bootable usb

This is the issue I am getting 

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \ "ACPI\" ...."IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"

I've been messing with settings and booting UEFI and UEFI + Legacy Hybrid, I've turned off Vt-d and and CFG Lock

also got Mac OS version : Not yet set

If someone can direct me to a guide on how to get around this and how to set this up for this motherboard I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been looking through this forum and I may be searching the wrong things but I haven't had much success 

So I went through that guide for both Legacy and UEFI failed both times ... got farther with UEFI but to the same place i got stuck before

I am gonna give it one more shot with checking UEFI settings and other elements placed in, but what do you want me to do if that doesn't work upload the EFI partition it creates on the USB?

Thanks

So I went through that guide for both Legacy and UEFI failed both times ... got farther with UEFI but to the same place i got stuck before

I am gonna give it one more shot with checking UEFI settings and other elements placed in, but what do you want me to do if that doesn't work upload the EFI partition it creates on the USB?

Thanks

Yes, please follow the UEFI way only from that guide and then upload the Clover EFI folder. I'll modify it and add my config.plist in it and some kext here from the download section. 

Regards,

Dwarfy

So I tried it and got past the past Hangup but the installer froze up on a second remaining and rebooted after showing some error messages

If it happens again when I try now I'll take a pic of the log file and share where it's getting stuck

Thanks again for your help

EDIT

Seems to have gone ok past that point 2nd time

I got it installed now to figure out how to get the Wifi, Audio, and GFX working ...

Guess thats something to ask on the post install forum tho 

Thanks Again for your help was ripping my hair out before 

No problem, enjoy your new hack. :)