from 10.4.8 back to 10.4.7

fab

5 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody.

I would like to know if it's possible to go back to 10.4.7 after a bad update to 10.4.8

My system don't boot anymore but I can see the partition with macdrive under windows so I can restore or delete files in the partition from windows.

I would like to do that without formatting the hd if it's possible

I tryed to install 10.4.7 on 10.4.8 but the installer says I have a newer version and it stops there.

If I can delete something that prevernt that control maybe I can install 10.4.7 over it and don't loose my users and software.

thanks.

Sorry for my bad english I'm italian

If Jas's 10.4.7 DVD doesn't let you install over 10.4.8, you might want to try the 10.4.6 DVD. In the past, even if I managed to mess up a 10.4.7 install completely, the 10.4.6 DVD would install over it while keeping my files intact. It only affected the system files, which is exactly what I needed.

If that still doesn't work, wait a little while longer for a 10.4.8 DVD release.

I tryed to install with 10.4.6 jas dvd but it says you have a new version installed

I have to try with 10.4.7 dvd or 10.4.8 if I can find one.

the problem why I can't boot is that I have a sse3 cpu but I never been able to install sse3 patch. I had always to install like my cpu is only sse2, if I install system or update for sse3 I won't boot anymore.

I'm tired to format :-(

I don't have latest quicktime....

how can I downgrade?

If I put in 10.4.6 dvd I can't do that.

maybe with 10.4.7 dvd but I don't have it now.

Anybody knows which files I have to delete to prevent the version control during the installation from dvd?

I can delete them from windows with macdrive