Clover Lenovo ThinkCentre

chris1111

109 posts in this topic

Finally got it to work finally. I did a fresh install again and then update to 10.11.4 and made repaired caches and permissions for about 3 times. Finally, repaired caches and permissions through kextwizard did the trick. Thus is finally a successful instalation. Thanks Chris for your installer for the 755 /760/780 Optiplex series. That's what I used since it was already confugured with the Mac Pro 3,1 smbios. Now I'm not sure if the G630 cpu I was using could've been the issue also that it wouldn't work without safe mode. I'm glad I made that discovery and that'll for sure save a lot of time from hair pulling and headaches. ++Kudos Chris.

before trying the command you need this in config.plist

and also  after the reboot

maibe thats the problème ? your change the original config.plist 

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>

Little bit strange kextwizzard / Maintenance not working inside El Capitan ?
Anyway you successful and this is what matters !

@chris 1111 hi,

you might someday do for Clover ThinkCentre M90 and M91,

We will make very grateful.

Greetings!

https://support.lenovo.com/si/sl/documents/migr-74675

ThinkCentre M90 (type 3246, 3544, 5384, 5474, 6232), M90p (3282, 3652, 5450, 5498, 5852, 6590)

I dont have the PC for make it all test  :angel_not:

I tried a bunch of stuff can't remember what order but kextwizard is what I believe did the trick for me when I repaired cache and permissions with it. I'm trying to install an SSD on my Lenovo Thinkcentre M91p as well but space seem to be limited on the SFF. Did you remove your DVD Drive?

I tried a bunch of stuff can't remember what order but kextwizard is what I believe did the trick for me when I repaired cache and permissions with it. I'm trying to install an SSD on my Lenovo Thinkcentre M91p as well but space seem to be limited on the SFF. Did you remove your DVD Drive?

No my 3 SSD is under the blue case side by side  :D I have 4 SATA connector  :)

Oh OK, very clever my friend. How do you attach them underneath the blue case? You use velcro or zip ties?

I driller fourth pierces on the bottom , attach my first one and the two other side by side with a revert tape :thumbsup_anim:

thats fit good and clean  :D just need couple connector

two power Y split cable and two sata power connector or ATX power-sata y power and one or two sata power spliter

img_0413.jpg

img_0414.jpg

img_0415.jpg

Not really mutch more power  :) SSD 

An SSD uses very minimal power...

• Like 1

Oh OK I see, but it seems like you have 2 stacked up on top of another. Am I mistaken? That's what it looks like in the first picture. I was under the impression that you were still using a 3.5" HDD in there too. So now it's clear to me that you're only using SSDs under that blue case.

Oh OK I see, but it seems like you have 2 stacked up on top of another. Am I mistaken? That's what it looks like in the first picture. I was under the impression that you were still using a 3.5" HDD in there too. So now it's clear to me that you're only using SSDs under that blue case.

One OCZ 120 gig one Kingston 120 gig and one Kingston 240 gig :D

It still a bit unclear to me how you have 3 there but that's OK. Could you link me to the version of power sata splitter that you used for this? I think I have a few laying around just want to make sure that's all so I won't order again by mistake.

Hey Chris, just a thought but do you think you could implement the M81 into the installer for those who have that version of M series? Would it be hard to include smbios Macbook 3,1 for since anything else would require to be booted into safe mode? I'm not sure how all of this work but it's just a thought that just came to mind. As far as the safe mode boot on the M81 with Intel pentium G630, I will try again with V3 installer because I have another motherboard coming in the mail this week and see if there's a difference with the type of CPUs being used. I'll then try a 2400 cpu and see the difference.

It still a bit unclear to me how you have 3 there but that's OK. Could you link me to the version of power sata splitter that you used for this? I think I have a few laying around just want to make sure that's all so I won't order again by mistake.

Is that clear now ?

I dont have a link just type on google what peace you want 

img_0416.jpg

OK great. So in regards to the applehda.kext which is shown as native now, does this mean we'll never have to worry about it with later updates from Apple?

This is the Final Major Update :lol:  :P

Sorry its my mistake, the Original kext AppleHDA not working

My mistake is I am booting  with EFI contain VoodooHDA  :hysterical:

I have 3 SSD and my boot SSD contain Voodoo :blush:

Now deleted VoodooHDA and reinstall the ALC 662 all fine on 10.11.5  :D

Update on my m93

I have 2 USB3 in the front, 4 USB3 and 2 USB2 at the back

Only 2 USB3 at the back can be run at USB3 mode, if I plug any USB3 device on it, OSX will not recognise the device, but USB2 device can.

HWMonitor can detect my SSD and HDD, but CPU cannot

PS: Is it necessary to create a SSDT for my i7 4790?

• Like 1

Update on my m93

I have 2 USB3 in the front, 4 USB3 and 2 USB2 at the back

Only 2 USB3 at the back can be run at USB3 mode, if I plug any USB3 device on it, OSX will not recognise the device, but USB2 device can.

HWMonitor can detect my SSD and HDD, but CPU cannot

Have  look here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

See change Log new V3 Installer

I remove previous V3

Ad my  script Inject-ATI 5450 inside Postinstaller -V3

131.png

Testing by me and SUCCESS  :thumbsup_anim: OS X El Capitan 10.11.5  :D

After Reboot   ;)

026.png

There is the two kext modified with the proper Device ID for the ATI Radeon HD 5450  :D

027.png

132.png

As you know my Lenovo ThinkCentre integrate PCIe USB 3.0  2 port  back  and connector 19 pin to put a front panel,

this is done successful and I am very proud  :D  :thumbsup_anim:

Just little tuch up finition and thats it  ;)

img_0420.jpg

The difference

system13.png

Native support

133.png

• Like 1