Help me fix weird glitch after hibernate

kosakgroove

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Finally I have deep sleep working with Clover and El Capitan, but only with hibernate mode 29.. No matter what slide values I use, I get a weird graphical artefact after wake from hibernation... Screen flickers much more than normal, at a weird refresh rate, and the brightness controls take no effect.. I am guessing this is a problem with ACPIBacklight kext..

Any way to debug the issue, any way I could fix this?

So setting a custom power management profile has helped in a way that i have hibernate mode 3 when on Ac power, so i get a very fast wake with the expense of power, because its not deep sleep. And when im on battery i get hibernate mode 29 and so i can deep sleep. The problem still persists with deep sleep, not with normal sleep. The only workaround i have found is switching resolution after deep sleep and that seems to trigger ACPI backlight kext and so the screen flickering is gone.. Aany way to fix this?

So setting a custom power management profile has helped in a way that i have hibernate mode 3 when on Ac power, so i get a very fast wake with the expense of power, because its not deep sleep. And when im on battery i get hibernate mode 29 and so i can deep sleep. The problem still persists with deep sleep, not with normal sleep. The only workaround i have found is switching resolution after deep sleep and that seems to trigger ACPI backlight kext and so the screen flickering is gone.. Aany way to fix this?

So I've found the solution.. The problem was that I should've used IntelBAcklight kext from the beginning and apply a different patch to my DSDT.. If you have any doubt about this i am glad to help! Now it works flawlessly! If you have my problem be sure to 

Use IntelBacklight.kext instead of ACPIBacklight.kext (use "Brightness Fix" patch).

In your PNLF set Options to 2 by way of RMCF as described in the IntelBacklight README.

Typical PNLF would look like:

Code:
Device(PNLF)

{

Name(_ADR, Zero)

Name(_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name(_CID, "backlight")

Name(_UID, 10)

Name(_STA, 0x0B)

Name(RMCF, Package()

{

"PWMMax", 0, // use BIOS PWM max