Asus X552LDV-SX470D won't boot to installer (Clover)

arsradu

86 posts in this topic

My ACPI files will work perfectly. Yet you will need to apply either USB PWRD 0x00 or USB PWRD 0x06. When you figure out which one works ( matter of trying both ) then usb ports will work good and sleep too, but sleep only works ok if you generate a custom ssdt for your cpu, as I mentioned earlier

You could patch AppleHda for your codec.. Its the best way. Much more quality than voodoohda. Google guide to patch applehda, and if its too hard for you then google applehda requests, its a thread by mirone, he helps with AppleHDA patching

Your ACPI files worked indeed. Thank you very much! :D Awesome job.

Now we're got Battery Management and Brightness Control (though I'm not sure if there are any keyboard shortcuts for that, as well). Are there?

I'll see about the AppleHDA kext. I'll google a way to patch it. I would have liked to use Toleda's script for that, since by doing this, I wouldn't have to reinstall the patched AppleHDA after every OS update... Is there another way to get the sound working?

VoodooHDA is...not really the way to go here. It has a broader compatibility. But, at least on my desktop, the results were not the best, even though, I have to admit, it did make a lot of progress since the last time I used it, a few years ago.

And what is USB PWRD 0x0 /0x6? USBs are working fine...I mean, they are properly recognized and I had no issues with that. What does this patch do exactly? And how do I use it?

For the sleep....I used Clover's "Generate C states" and "Generate P states". Is that supposed to work? The monitor turns dark but I can't really tell if the computer really goes to sleep or not. Clicking anything will bring it back with no problem, but I'm not sure it really goes to sleep.

If that's not the way to go, how do I generate a custom SSDT for that?

Your Codec Id Column is not fill with codec info, try to tick fix hpet and tick add dtgp. Then recheck again, you won't get working applehda without codec info at dpci manager :(

Yes, thank you for that.

Now I've got more info:

Codec ID: 0x10EC0233

Revision: 0x0003

Codec Name: Realtek (Unknown)

So it looks like it's ALC233? Did I get this right?

Your ACPI files worked indeed. Thank you very much! :D Awesome job.

Now we're got Battery Management and Brightness Control (though I'm not sure if there are any keyboard shortcuts for that, as well). Are there?

I'll see about the AppleHDA kext. I'll google a way to patch it. I would have liked to use Toleda's script for that, since by doing this, I wouldn't have to reinstall the patched AppleHDA after every OS update... Is there another way to get the sound working?

VoodooHDA is...not really the way to go here. It has a broader compatibility. But, at least on my desktop, the results were not the best, even though, I have to admit, it did make a lot of progress since the last time I used it, a few years ago.

And what is USB PWRD 0x0 /0x6? USBs are working fine...I mean, they are properly recognized and I had no issues with that. What does this patch do exactly? And how do I use it?

For the sleep....I used Clover's "Generate C states" and "Generate P states". Is that supposed to work? The monitor turns dark but I can't really tell if the computer really goes to sleep or not. Clicking anything will bring it back with no problem, but I'm not sure it really goes to sleep.

If that's not the way to go, how do I generate a custom SSDT for that?

Yes, thank you for that.

Now I've got more info:

Codec ID: 0x10EC0233

Revision: 0x0003

Codec Name: Realtek (Unknown)

So it looks like it's ALC233? Did I get this right?

Great,, now you can use "AppleHDAPatcher.app", see at download section at this forum.

I thought you can learn it, your codec is ALC233 :)

Use layoutID=3 for audio

• Like 1

Great,, now you can use "AppleHDAPatcher.app", see at download section at this forum.

I thought you can learn it, your codec is ALC233 :)

Use layoutID=3 for audio

Do I have to use it after every update? I liked toleda's script a lot, because it's meant to be persistent over the updates. But that doesn't seem to work with this codec. And for as far as I know, the patched AppleHDA (patched kext) is not persistent... Am I wrong?

Do I have to use it after every update? I liked toleda's script a lot, because it's meant to be persistent over the updates. But that doesn't seem to work with this codec. And for as far as I know, the patched AppleHDA (patched kext) is not persistent... Am I wrong?

I can make it, just use the application. After sound working,, i will make it like Toleda script and Axbite method. Let me know, if your Audio is working :)

I only need information about working DataConfig, Layout and platform. Then i will use the files to make "a patch" like "Toleda and Abxite" :)

Just try it

I can make it, just use the application. After sound working,, i will make it like Toleda script and Axbite method. Let me know, if your Audio is working :)

I only need information about working DataConfig, Layout and platform. Then i will use the files to make "a patch" like "Toleda and Abxite" :)

Just try it

I tried the Patcher app. Aaaand...I have to say I'm impressed. And I tried the aDummy + Clover patches so that I can keep the AppleHDA untouched aaaand...to hopefully make it persistent after upgrades (since it doesn't break the signature)

However...it did not make my audio work.

I used the aDummy.kext (which is not loaded by Clover - bdmesg says "Thinning failed" for that) and Clover KextsToPatch to add the patches. Also, I added Layout ID = 3 in Clover/Devices.

But since the aDummy.kext is not loaded...I still got no sound.

If you think you can do it "toleda style"..please, let me know which information do you need and how do I get it.

1.AppleHDAPathcer app will give you 2 method, use Dummy and Patched HDA. Try patched AppleHDA.kext.

2. Confirm if it work.
3. If you can make audio work,, then send me AppleHDA.kext at SLE. I will make it then.

I will be back in 30 minutes. I want to buy some foods

1.AppleHDAPathcer app will give you 2 method, use Dummy and Patched HDA. Try patched AppleHDA.kext.

2. Confirm if it work.

3. If you can make audio work,, then send me AppleHDA.kext at SLE. I will make it then.

I will be back in 30 minutes. I want to buy some foods

As I said, I would rather use the aDummy method. But that doesn't work -> aDummy.kext not loaded.

I don't really want to use AppleHDA.kext since it breaks the signature and I will need to patch it every time I install a new update on the OS.

I want something that can be used without touching the original AppleHDA kext. Such as the aDummy + Clover patches. And I did the patches, I added layout Id (3) but since it doesn't load the aDummy kext, I still have no sound.

I know :)

I need a working DataConfig, layout3.xml.zml and Platform.xml.zml that has been working to your device. With those data i can make a new procedure to AppleHDA Patched.

So we need to make your audio work first. 

I will make dummy.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11, kext to patch, and put in layout.zml.zlib + platform.zml.zlib (abxite's method)

PS : Did you know toleda's script break AppleHDA's signature too??? the script will modify/add layout.zml and platform.zml inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources too :)

But, you can still update with working audio because the script use "kexttopatch" and "dummykext" at EFI/Clover/kexts/10.1x

I know :)

I need a working DataConfig, layout3.xml.zml and Platform.xml.zml that has been working to your device. With those data i can make a new procedure to AppleHDA Patched.

So we need to make your audio work first.

I will make dummy.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11, kext to patch, and put in layout.zml.zlib + platform.zml.zlib (abxite's method)

PS : Did you know toleda's script break AppleHDA's signature too??? the script will modify/add layout.zml and platform.zml inside AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources too :)

But, you can still update with working audio because the script use "kexttopatch" and "dummykext" at EFI/Clover/kexts/10.1x

I did not know that... Ok. I'll try the patched AppleHDA instead. Can that be used from inside Clover/kexts/10.11 or does it need to be in L/E or S/L/E?

After that, we can figure out a way to make the patch persistent over the updates. I'll make a backup of the original AppleHDA kext, just in case.

Just install the kext to S/L/E :)

Oh sorry,, i was login to OS X and i realize that i have files that i needed.

Here we go, make sure your Layout ID = 3

1. Copy original "AppleHDA.kext" to desktop
2. Copy "layout3.zml.zlib" and "Platforms.zml.zlib" to "AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources". After that reinstall the kext with "Kext Utility"
3. Put "Realtek ALC233.kext" to "EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11"
4. Write this to your KextToPatch in Config.plist
   a. Name : AppleHDA
       Find : 786d6c2e7a6c

Replace : 7a6d6c2e7a6c

Comment : Route XML to ZML

b. Name : AppleHDA

Find : 8319d411

Replace : 00000000

Comment : Reset Codec 1

c. Name : AppleHDA

Find : 6202ec10

Comment : Reset Codec 2

d. Name : AppleHDA

Find : 8508ec10

Comment : Reset Codec 3

e. Name : AppleHDA

Find : 8419d411

Replace : 3302ec10

Comment : Rename Codec

f.  Name : AppleHDA

Find : 8408ec10

Comment : Reset Codec 4

g. Name : AppleHDA

Find : 6102ec10

Comment : Reset Codec 5

Restart,, and your sound will work. Let's me know if it works :)  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Layout and Platform.zip

Realtek ALC233.kext.zip

• Like 1

What about the ACPI files I provided.. They include no layout id but they include several fixes and methods like DTGP to make your sound work better.

Using them in conjunction with ZeroCross patches, your sound should work. If your microphone doesn't work I also have Realtek ALC 233 and I have a custom patched AppleHDA that works pretty damn nice!

What about the ACPI files I provided.. They include no layout id but they include several fixes and methods like DTGP to make your sound work better.

Using them in conjunction with ZeroCross patches, your sound should work. If your microphone doesn't work I also have Realtek ALC 233 and I have a custom patched AppleHDA that works pretty damn nice!

ZeroCross patches? Any details on that? I did use your ACPI files. Again, thank you very much for that. But I don't know how to patch the sound further.

As I said, my only issue with using a patched AppleHDA kext is that thus method is not persistent. :)

• Like 1

Did you already use my files above and follow my instructions?

Not yet, Andres. But I will, once I get the laptop. :)

Thank you!

I've already installed my WiFi card and Bluetooth also works. I'm super happy with it. If you need help tell me

Hey, congrats!!! Thank you very much for your help so far.

Well yeah... you know, I am very interested in the possibility of running Snow leopard on my hardware, Intel Haswell HD4400.

I know I could patch the Snow Leopard install disk to support my SMBIOS which is Macbook Pro 11,2 .. But there seems to be no possibility for the graphics to initialize properly... 

This is an issue yet to be resolved, and I know that natively new Macbooks cannot run Snow Leopard, but maybe a Hackintosh could?

Well yeah... you know, I am very interested in the possibility of running Snow leopard on my hardware, Intel Haswell HD4400.

I know I could patch the Snow Leopard install disk to support my SMBIOS which is Macbook Pro 11,2 .. But there seems to be no possibility for the graphics to initialize properly... 

This is an issue yet to be resolved, and I know that natively new Macbooks cannot run Snow Leopard, but maybe a Hackintosh could?

The drivers for Haswell graphics not introduced until 10.8.5.

I know.. but couldnt we introduce them, port them to Snow Leopard 64-bit mode?

No source code available. Backport not possible. The kexts themselves likely dependent on new things not present in SL.

No source code available. Backport not possible. The kexts themselves likely dependent on new things not present in SL.

Ohh ok. Makes all sense. Question, where could I see the hardware compatibility list for different OSX versions. I would like to know the kind of Mac that ran that version, with that hardware.

Any tips?